E303 - Atlantic Islands

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Oceana

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: E303 - Atlantic Islands

Post by tractor boy »

Same as Anne, we always get ours before we go, Remember, they only do anything on board to make money so it you will get better rates at home. US dollars are a handy thing to have for Casablanca but as Anne said they will most likley accept anything

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Having a nightmare here - my daughter turns 5 next week (in half term) so her party is tomorrow so busy making the cake. The dog is really poorly and is looking like a £500 vet bill - she is in today for scan and op (plus my eldest has special needs so having problems with her at the mo and lots of appointments) - I so need this holiday!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

sounds like you are having a nightmare, just 2 weeks to go so hang on in there. I hope all goes well.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Hi, I was on the old forum and have only just found this group. It's my wife's birthday on March 10th, so we will have something to celebrate then too!

Quizzes are an interest, so you will find us there some evenings: - that is assuming we make it to the ship this time. (see my posting on the main wall.)

Cheers

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Hi NSAM,
Pleased you found us. Welcome!!

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

And welcome from me to NSAM, welcome aboard

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Hi Not So Ancient Mariner, I remember you from the P&O site, it would be lovely to meet you. Can't find the post about your problems getting to the ship but I hope you overcome them whatever they are.

Two weeks today we'll all be on board (hopefully!). Can't wait for that first moment when you cross the gangplank and set foot on board. It's like coming home. Lovely.

Anne

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

You're especially right about 'coming home', as it will be the first time we have done a repeat cruise on the same ship. Indeed because of last summer's hiatus, Oceana remains the last ship we were on. I won't tempt fate by banging on about that story, as I can let you know in a fortnight's time, and it won't matter then.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Hello NSAM :)

Quick question, hubby and I are baffled with the syndicate quiz, we thought it was the quiz in the 'English Bar' but when someone mentioned the time and with it being later on in the evening we have now realised we have never had a go at the syndicate quiz, anyone care to enlighten us? I assume like everything else it will be in the horizon paper, but how is it different to the other quizzes?

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

The syndicate quiz was held in the Plaza when we were last on board. The only real difference from other quizzes that I can remember , is that every answer was handed in and marked before the next question was asked. I think it was the slightly offbeat nature of the questions that appealed most.
Look out for the hat.

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Syndicate quiz

Post by anneed »

The syndicate quiz usually takes place at 10.45pm - to give people like me on second sitting a fighting chance of getting there. Teams are a maximum of six and it lasts around 45mins. I think they only ask about 20 questions and it's general knowledge. The prize is a bottle or two of P&O plonk but it's the winning that counts!

People tend to stay in their teams and compete each night. However, I like to go to some of the shows so I won't be there every evening.

Be warned, no matter how much people say 'It's only a bit of fun' it gets deadly serious. I've seen some really funny rows with the question master over answers and even people walking out - it's a hoot. Despite this, it's very popular and there are usually a lot of teams.

It's definitely adults only Emma, so you'll need a babysitter.

Hope I haven't put you off - you can always try it once!

Mariner - hat? I am intrigued - what sort of hat??

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Thanks Both for the info!! I do like quizzes but as I said I don't think we ever went to the syndicate quiz - we always seemed to end up doing the pub style quizzes but willing to try anything once (or twice!)

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: It's me!

Post by anneed »

And I've finally worked out how to do my avatar - so now you know what I look like!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: It's me!

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
And I've finally worked out how to do my avatar - so now you know what I look like!
:thumbup:

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

Hi NSAM glad to see you found us. Anne, iirc NSAM has a baseball cap with "Ancient mariner" on it.

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Thanks Tractor Boy, he should be easy to spot then.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Assuming, of course, that Tractor Boy's information is correct!

Actually he's spot on. We could use a memory like that in the syndicate quiz!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

sorry NSAM, as I said on the other forum, my memory becomes a bit foggy that time of night when I am on holiday, something to do with waiters forcing me to drink wine and bartenders with their beer

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

It's a hard life! :-)

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Hi Ann, good to hear from you again. We are not on this cruise but you previously asked about Casablanca. We did the trip to 'Imperial Rabat' which we really enjoyed. Morocco is not as bad as you might fear, I suppose it must be the French influence. The coach trip was about an hour from what I can remember with a stop halfway at a motorway service station. Then we saw the imperial palace and a couple of historical sights and a short walk in the old fortified area by which time it was pouring down with rain so we didn't stay long. The only downside for us was that we got back to the ship too late to see anything of the own itself.

Good luck with the quizzes, sorry I shan't be there to swap answers with you ;)

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

Still not listed on ABP Southampton website. I better call them and let them know she is coming :D

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Quizzical Bob

Post by anneed »

Hi Bob, Thanks for that. I'm particularly looking forward to the Casablanca stop and hope I've picked the right trip. Didn't fancy being in a busy city and the pictures of the Portuguese connections place (can't remember the name offhand) look really nice.
Anne

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

good news, we are now on ABP website :D

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Oh dear, the weather's not looking great for any of our stops at the moment. Must remember to take my brolly.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

We may be on the ABP website, but they have us down as returning to Ocean terminal on the 16th, and P&O seem to think we are docking at Mayflower!

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oceana”