Arcadia J409

Arcadia cruises in 2014

Topic author
huggy509
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Arcadia J409

Post by huggy509 »

hello everyone, I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading several informative posts, it seems much more informative than general moaning you see on review sites.

we did a cruise for our silver wedding anniversary in 2004 on Oceana - had a great time, and did renewal of vows which was not only done with style but was a bargain.
Last year we did a cruise on Aurora to Canaries, last minute getaway fare of £1136 for a deluxe balcony cabin - again a good time was had by all.

So, to this year - and I really need some advice here as it is a bit expensive.... advice and maybe some feel good factor about it ..... so I have a few questions,

Looking at Arcadia cruise J409, a nice 17 night cruise in balcony cabin

Q1. what is food like on Arcadia ?
Q2. what is entertainment like on Arcadia ?
reason is on oceana in2004 entertainment was great, with choice of theatre or cabaret but on Aurora last year it was theatre only, a bit happy clappy and not very good - only time a good comedian was on and no chance to get a seat.

Q3... This is advice on cabins really.
A deck and B Deck aft cabins are available, I am not so worried about balcony being overlooked - unless someone gives me a reason I should be
concerned about noise from lido deck with A deck
but I think aft cabins are bigger and balconies much bigger.
any advice about these cabins really appreciated,

thank you in advance, I look forward to reading more posts.... and if you are cruising this year, have a great time wherever you may be,

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Arcadia J409

Post by david63 »

huggy509 wrote:
Q1. what is food like on Arcadia ?
I have sailed on Arcadia a couple of times and have not had any problems with the food. Having said that it is a few yeas ago and from reports that I have seen recently there have been some changes to the food fleet-wide. Generally I would say that Arcadia's food is the same as any other P&O ship - although with the demise of Arcadian Rhodes there is not the same choice of select dining, but I believe that the Orchid is (or soon will be) replaced with an Atul Kocher restaurant which, if is anything like Sindu on Azura will be an experience not to be missed.
huggy509 wrote:
Q2. what is entertainment like on Arcadia ?
reason is on oceana in2004 entertainment was great, with choice of theatre or cabaret but on Aurora last year it was theatre only, a bit happy clappy and not very good - only time a good comedian was on and no chance to get a seat.
Arcadia has one of the best theatres of any P&O ship (just make sure you do not sit behind one of the pillars :thumbdown: ) but other than that there is not much else of "cabaret" style entertainment on the ship - unlike Azura/Ventura. There are a couple of places where you will find a pianist or group playing.

The entertainment in the theatre is usually "standard" P&O entertainment - unless you are on a themed cruise.
huggy509 wrote:
Q3... This is advice on cabins really.
A deck and B Deck aft cabins are available, I am not so worried about balcony being overlooked - unless someone gives me a reason I should be
concerned about noise from lido deck with A deck
but I think aft cabins are bigger and balconies much bigger.
any advice about these cabins really appreciated,
The aft cabins on Arcadia are amongst the best in the fleet and if you have the option of one I would jump at it. I cannot say about A deck as I have never had a cabin on this deck on Arcadia - in fact after my only experience of A deck cabins I tend to avoid them like the plague (or should that be Norovirus!)

P.S. - Welcome to the forum.

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Arcadia J409

Post by gfwgfw »

Buggy

A very warm welcome to our friendly boards

Sailed on Arcadia twice, would be hard pressed to find any negative aspect of both sojourns to relate

Arcadia is very well appointed, and the service was to a high standard

The ship was aim at the more matured cruiser, and it did tend to be very quiet after say 23.00 hours, other than a cacophony of zzzzzzzz on the accommodation decks

Calm seas and blue skies all the way

Graham
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

Return to “Arcadia Cruises 2014”