oceana..????

Discussions about anything related to Oceana

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

oceana..????

Post by screwy »

HI All. Thinking of going on oceana in October, have read some indifferent reviews about her,what's the feeling from those who've been on her..?? :?
Mel

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: oceana..????

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Very nice ship, perhaps the most friendly.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Been on Oceana probably four or five times and enjoyed every cruise - did a 35 day to Caribbean and USA - best cruise ever - wouldn't hesitate to go on her again.
Janis

gravy1955
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by gravy1955 »

Been on her three times so far( Oceana that is :-) and had no problems . Booked to go on her again in December without hesitation.

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Hi and thanks,weve been on Ventura twice and are booked on Azura Jan 2015.Lookimg at 11 nights in October,any idea what the weather will be like down Portugal and south spain.?
Mel

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

screwy wrote:
Hi and thanks,weve been on Ventura twice and are booked on Azura Jan 2015.Lookimg at 11 nights in October,any idea what the weather will be like down Portugal and south spain.?
The season in Portugal usually lasts until the beginning of November so normally not too bad but the further south you go the more pleasant it usually gets.

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Thanks QB. i reckon you guy's and girls.! have made up my mind, Thanks for all your help and info. :thumbup:
Mel

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Which cruise are you looking at, Screwy? We're going on our 6th Oceana cruise in October (departing 9th). We think she's a wonderful ship
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Hi Silver...Weve just booked E426 sails on the 3rd. 11 nights Iberia.
Mel

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

oops, it's the 14th we're going, not the 9th!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Love Oceana, first ever cruise was on her, so wonderful memories xx
Jenni

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Glad about that..!!! paid for 11 not 6..lol.
Mel

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

screwy wrote:
Glad about that..!!! paid for 11 not 6..lol.
Ours is a 12 nighter, unless you know something we don't!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Your quite Alan,yours is the 12 night canaries while we are on 11 night Iberia.However many I'm still really looking forward to being on oceana as much i like the Bigger ship (ventura) and are booked on Azura we would like to try All the ships eventually.
Mel

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

We'd like to try most of the others, Screwy, but we're a bit daunted by the size of Ventura/Azura.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
We'd like to try most of the others, Screwy, but we're a bit daunted by the size of Ventura/Azura.
We prefer the mid-ships ships. We tried Azura but never again for us. There are a number of downsides to the biggies, all those extra 1000 passengers getting on and off, queuing for the theatre, getting in my way ;)

Still, it's all down to personal preferences. We like Oceana and would be delighted to sail on her again. If only she went somewhere interesting :(

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

I suppose it depends on what you class as "interesting", QB. She's taken us round the western Med three times, Iberian peninsula (twice) and Casablanca - our sixth outing will be to the Canaries. We've always found the itineraries to be interesting.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
I suppose it depends on what you class as "interesting", QB. She's taken us round the western Med three times, Iberian peninsula (twice) and Casablanca - our sixth outing will be to the Canaries. We've always found the itineraries to be interesting.
Yes, I love the Mediterranean but Mrs QB is not so keen. I suppose 'adventurous' is what I'm looking for. I wonder if part of their choice of itinerary is determined by the lower top speed of Oceana, although they all seem to creep along these days .

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Did the western Med on Ventura last june,cruise itself was very good it was disembarking that was a debacle far too many people herded in the mdr's.The 2 cruises weve done on P&O both ventura were carribean and said western med, we would love to do the Baltic and Fjords one day,thoroughly accept your point about ship sizes QB.
Mel

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Oceana is our least favourite P&O ship, but that's rather like identifying my least favourite chocolate.

The things that we didn't like were the lack of a Crow's Nest type bar, or the alternative Planet Bar type of venue at the stern (because we love having a tipple watching over the sea at the bow or the stern) and we thought the balcony cabins were small compared to some of the other ships.

However, those are personal preferences and she is a fine ship and if she were the only one going where we wanted to go I wouldn't hesitate to go on her again.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

We have had 2 or 3 cruises on Oceana and love her. For my money she has the best atrium in the fleet. Oceana and Aurora are our two favourites and I would not hesitate to go on either of them again.

Susan Watt
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Susan Watt »

We had our Silver Wedding Anniversary on Oceana. It was out 1st cruise in 2007. Will be enjoying my 60th on her for a Caribbean no fly next January.

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Guess it's horses for courses,as much as we enjoyed Ventura we have had nothing to compare her with, we go with an open mind. :relaxed:
Mel

Popeye The Sailorman
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Popeye The Sailorman »

Screwy. Oceana is a lovely ship. As a previous poster mentioned the Atrium has got to be one of the best.
The Pub is also a great venue for a pre dinner drink (It is quite plush unlike some of the other pubs).
You will love it - We sailed on her first just after she joined the P&O fleet in 2002 and the 2003 & 2004. Then we moved around the fleet
until last year when we joined her again. Absolutely loved it , Great food and very friendly...

Enjoy

Pop ;)

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Cheers Popeye.Have just got back from a 2 week hol in Jamaica.!! so i apologize for the delay in answering your post. We also spent 2 weeks in Cape Verde at the beginning of December and felt then that we would much rather be on a cruise,this last 2 weeks has convinced us both that we have had enough of Beach Holidays..Bored to tears.Poor food.rubbish entertainment etc etc.Every one is painting a great picture of Oceana so we wait with baited breath.! Being away with Americans also convinced us that P&O is the only line for us..!!
Mel

Return to “About Oceana”