overview of the Thomson Dream by DK

Anything about Thomson cruises

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: overview of the Thomson Dream by DK

Post by qbman1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I can recommend Black Prince. No not Fred's ship, the canal hire company. I'm on one in October. Three passengers. Three crew. Total aboard three!

And none of us ten bob millionaires or riff raff. :sarcasm:
Are you on first sitting or second, Merv ?

Topic author
Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Merv
how many formal nights? and do you get to sit with the Captain?
Nihil Obstat

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

qbman1 wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I can recommend Black Prince. No not Fred's ship, the canal hire company. I'm on one in October. Three passengers. Three crew. Total aboard three!

And none of us ten bob millionaires or riff raff. :sarcasm:
Are you on first sitting or second, Merv ?
On this occasion we've opted for Freedom Dining, having been assured that our table for three is guaranteed any time, day or night. :thumbup:
Dark Knight wrote:
Merv
how many formal nights? and do you get to sit with the Captain?
No formal nights at all, though apparently wellies and souwesters at the table are not permitted. And I get to sleep with the Captain. :clap:

Topic author
Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

hope he doesn't mind :o :o
Nihil Obstat

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

emjay45 wrote:
Gill W wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
1500 passengers sounds like a nice size ship. So there wasn’t a ‘snob’ or ’10 bob millionaire’ in sight to spoil your cruise. :thumbup: They must prefer the larger ships. ;)

Don't take this the wrong way, we know you don't like the bigger ships, but why do you have to keep making digs about them or pot shots about people that go on them? I'm happy to go on the larger ships, but I don't feel the need to constantly rubbish the smaller ships or the people that sail on them

Anyway, moving on the more pleasant things

Thank you to DK for posting about your recent cruise, it was interesting to read.

I don't think 1500 passengers is that small, actually, and I would like to do a Thomson cruise at some point. I think any slight doubts I might have about the size of the ship would be outweighed by the more relaxed dress code.
As Jonty said I was just teasing DK. I don't think I'm always having a dig at the bigger ships anymore than anyone else. I noticed on the Britannia thread it was only my post you quoted although plenty of other posters said they didn't like the look of the ship. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinions but I'm just as entitled to them as anyone else on here.

The only reason I replied to your post on the Britannia thread was because you mentioned that the new ship was 'glitzy and glamorous '. Whereas, on the P&O website and in the new mini brochure, the decor looked, to me at least, understated, neutral and calm. I thought you may not have seen the information available.

I have no problem with your opinion, or anybody else's opinion, whether it is the same opinion as mine or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I think the problem with forums , that teasing comments can be mis-construed, as we can't see facial expression or hear tone of voice.

It's fair enough to have laugh and a joke, nothing wrong with that.

But I try not to make too many playful comments about things where I know people have opinions that are different to mine. Too many teasing comments may end up being construed as barbed comments, especially on a forum like this where we might not know each other well. It's a fine line to tread.
Gill

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Gill W wrote:
The only reason I replied to your post on the Britannia thread was because you mentioned that the new ship was 'glitzy and glamorous '. Whereas, on the P&O website and in the new mini brochure, the decor looked, to me at least, understated, neutral and calm. I thought you may not have seen the information available.

I have no problem with your opinion, or anybody else's opinion, whether it is the same opinion as mine or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I think the problem with forums , that teasing comments can be mis-construed, as we can't see facial expression or hear tone of voice.

It's fair enough to have laugh and a joke, nothing wrong with that.

But I try not to make too many playful comments about things where I know people have opinions that are different to mine. Too many teasing comments may end up being construed as barbed comments, especially on a forum like this where we might not know each other well. It's a fine line to tread.
I would have thought that most people reading this forum (I would include you I think) have read over and over that DK thinks P&O ships are full of ‘snobs and 10 bob millionaires’. As he has only been on the larger ships it therefore stands to reason they must all cruise on the larger ships. Yes it WAS a joke hence the winking smiley. Isn’t that why we have the smilies so we can try and avoid misunderstandings. No I must admit you don’t strike me as the ‘playful’ type Gill.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I accept you made a joke.

But after our postings last week, I read a different meaning into it - which I now understand wasn't in your mind.

As I said, when people don't know each other well, nuances are missed in the written format.

As for playfulness - again, we don't know each other well. People that know me in the real world would be surprised to hear me described as not being playful
Gill

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

This is meant to be a critique of DK's report ...... not handbags at dawn !!

Glad you two seem to have kissed and made up anyway !

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hey! Vapourpuffer,

Apologies for my late arrival to your review but l rarely step aboard other cruise line threads (other than P&O) so have missed out on reading your Thompson jolly up untill now. Having skipped the early morning breakfasts l found the rest of your review as l would expect.....funny, informative and well worth the read :thumbup:

Thanks for posting.

Regards

keith :wave:

Return to “Thomson”