Cabin layout

Discussions about anything related to Aurora

Topic author
Go cruising
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Cabin layout

Post by Go cruising »

Does anyone happen to know the cabin layout for outside cabin grade JA on Aurora. These are the cabins positioned between the forward staircase and the atrium on D deck. I was wondering if the beds lie heads to window or if they are across the cabin. I thought I heard somewhere that there was something different about these particular cabins. My daughter has booked one of these for her very first cruise and I want her to be happy!

Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Cabin layout

Post by Jean W »

I know I'm not helping much, but have you a cabin number in mind?

Topic author
Go cruising
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Go cruising »

no,not yet, she has booked an early saver fare with the guaranteed grade but not cabin number.

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

We have had cabin D130 before on Aurora and the head of the bed was against the window. This cabin is further forward then the JA grade so unsure if the layout is the same - so this probably won't be of much help to you!

Michele

valiant2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by valiant2 »

Hi
We had cabin D185, next to the library. The bed was head to window which was fine. Fairly small cabin but storage was great and location excellent; handy for Raffles, library, cinema, atrium and theatre but very quiet. Hope this helps.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We have had several outside cabins on Aurora and the normal arrangement is for the head of the bed(s) to be on the outside wall under the window. We normally have twin beds in these cabins because then the beds are moved to the dividing cabin walls and there is a clear path up the middle to the small cabinets under the window. This path is twice the width of the two that you get with a double bed configuration and makes getting the suitcase out much easier. Your steward can change the layout to suit you once you are on board. The outside cabins further forward where the bows of the ship start to curve in and encroach are narrower and longer than the others but have about the same overall area.

Topic author
Go cruising
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Go cruising »

Many thanks. no one seems to have anything negative to say about these cabins, that's great.

Return to “About Aurora”