Paid my deposit

Britannia cruises in 2015

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Paid my deposit

Post by haveabeer »

Well after a poor start to the year needed something to look forward to,now I already have a cruise booked for later this year but as we have never been on a maiden cruise we decided to pre register and secure a balcony cabin on Britannia
Now got to wait till end of March to find out our cabin number and where it is, said we can change it it's not suitable
Has anyone else pre registered
Dave

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Paid my deposit

Post by Kendhni »

Yeup, we have.
The first 2 grades of cabin we tried for had already "sold out"/"wait listed" so we had to go up a grade.
Really looking forward to trying another new ship.

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

We where going to go cheapest balcony as there are no outside cabins and as my wife likes to see what's happening outside we could not take an inside but they said that lowest grade balcony would have an obstructed view decided to go a grade higher only difference as I see it is grade higher than us you get a sofa
Dave

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We usually go for inside cabins but the PF and PE were "gone", there were still some 'PD's but I didn't like the location so we have opted for a PC.
For a change I have said I will accept upgrades ... so we will see if anything comes of that :)

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Never gave us the option of upgrade
Dave

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We were asked as part of the reservation process ? That, as well as what dining option.

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

We where offered dining option decided on Freedom suits us maybe once we get booking ref it might be on there about upgrade or do you think I should ask them Ken
Dave

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We went for freedom as well.
You could try phoning whoever you registered with HaB, but on the other hand they will contact you on 27th to say whether or not you have got the room, so you could mention it then (whether you want to be considered for upgrades or not).

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Thanks Ken think I will wait and see when we get contacted
Dave

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Yes, we've pre-registered for the Maiden.

I generally prefer to book, knowing exactly what cabin I've got, but as the cruise is likely to sell quickly, on this occasion, I thought it was more important just to be on board, rather than worry too much about the actual cabin.

We've gone for a balcony cabin, not sure how much use it'll get, bearing in mind it's March, and I understand that the balconies will be small. But I like a bit of personal outside space.

Never been on a Maiden before, and might not get they chance to do another one. Plus it's my birthday during this cruise, so everything just seemed right.

I'm looking forward to it
Gill

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Great news - well done you!

Have a great time.

Em

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Gill W wrote:
Yes, we've pre-registered for the Maiden.

I generally prefer to book, knowing exactly what cabin I've got, but as the cruise is likely to sell quickly, on this occasion, I thought it was more important just to be on board, rather than worry too much about the actual cabin.

We've gone for a balcony cabin, not sure how much use it'll get, bearing in mind it's March, and I understand that the balconies will be small. But I like a bit of personal outside space.

Never been on a Maiden before, and might not get they chance to do another one. Plus it's my birthday during this cruise, so everything just seemed right.

I'm looking forward to it
Nice one Gill, welcome to the pr-registration club :)
Julie birthday is in March a well and he likes being on holiday for it .. hence why we visit the Caribbean so often :)

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Yes, March is a good time for the Caribbean.

My most memorable birthday was my 50th, on a Panama Canal cruise on Oceana. Unfortunately, they seem to have stopped the fly cruises including the Panama Canal, but it was amazing.

I don't think they'd be able to shoe-horn Britannia in to the Canal though! :lol:
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

That is my favourite itinerary the Barbados-Acapulco run (beats the socks off the Florida/San DIego/LA runs)
Are they not opening up a new set of gates that will accommodate many of the larger ships soon?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We'll be there too. I'm baffled as to how this process is actually working this time as we have already been able to pre-register and get a guarantee of being on board and getting a cabin within the grade we've requested before it goes on public sale. As others say some grades are already waitlisted.

So how are the Goldies, or whatever they're called, going to react if they haven't pre-registered when then ring up at crack of dawn on the day they, but not us peasants, can book and find some cabins already sold out? Ours not to reason why. Just very happy.

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

Not interested in trying her, but am interested to know which the maiden is, because when I looked at all the itineraries, the first cruise seemed to be a 2 dayer?

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

Oops, no it isn't - it's 14 days. The prices are cheap aren't they? A balcony for £100 per night? And I note it's B502. What happened to B501?

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

As this will be our first maiden and probably the last what can we expect i am sure there a few who already done this
Dave

Princess
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Princess »

I dont understand how so many cabins can be sold out/wait listed when they dont go on sale until end of March. (Do understand pre-registering as been there, done that and often not got grade requested.)

Just how are P&O going to sort out who (as in 'Goldies', the others, pre-registered with P&O, pre-registered with TAs and the various permatations) is actually going to get the cabin, or cabin grade, or any cabin at all.

All seems most complicated and convaluted.

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

Yes a bit of a conundrum, but surely those who have pre-registered, whether they are goldie or not will get first choice. won't affect me. I had a look at the pictures of her and can't help think that the decor seems very bland? Dining room is white, grey and beige :-( So is the bar and so are the cabins. Doesn't anyone do a bit of colour any more? there is nothing warmer than a deep wine red in a dining room?

Princess
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Princess »

It doesnt affect us either as we no longer cruise (or even look at) P&O. Perhaps I am assuming incorrectly as I thought it was the Gold/Caribbean/Baltic etc. levels who could actually book (pre-registered or not) on the one particular day before any one else. This no longer seems to be the case. Guess it must have altered since we were last interested. Is the early booking day for the Gold/Caribbean and the two higher tiers still part of the benefits of the loyalty scheme or not?

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

I'm not sure, but it seems that anyone can pre-register.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I have a feeling there is still a Gold ( or Caribbean booking day) and then general on sale the next day.

I normally register with a travel agent, and let them secure my cruise when booking opens

But this time, I suspected that, with this pre-registration lark, there wouldn't be anything left when booking opens

I don't think the Caribbeans or above can really complain if there's nothing left on their booking day, as they've had plenty of opportunity to pre-register.

In fact, I am a Caribbean, but I thought the chances of getting what I wanted on opening day would be very slim if I waited.
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
So how are the Goldies, or whatever they're called, going to react if they haven't pre-registered when then ring up at crack of dawn on the day they, but not us peasants, can book and find some cabins already sold out? Ours not to reason why. Just very happy.
I put that in the category of "who cares" :)
Maybe all us peasants get a free upgrade if the goldies take our cabins :)

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

Hope you all have a great time but of no interest to us we much prefer the medium size boats.
graham

Return to “Britannia Cruises 2015”