New balconies

Anything about Thomson cruises

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

New balconies

Post by Romig1 »

We're due to sail in May on Thomson Majesty, which has just had a refit in the closed season. They have added a few balconies to existing outside cabins, and I've been reading on various Facebook pages how some people have had nice emails from the company informing them that their preselected cabin is now a balcony-type (at no extra charge).

What great customer service :clap: - but I can't help thinking that if this were P&O, the email may have been giving the option to either
a) Pay more for the new grade of cabin type, or
b) Rebook a different cabin of the type previously booked.

Am I getting cynical about P&O? I know this is purely conjecture and speculation, but I feel that some of the recent P&O policies have not been too customer-focused.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New balconies

Post by david63 »

Another option that P&O might adopt is to plan ahead and know which cabins were going to be upgraded before the refit and sell them as such from the outset.

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

That thought did cross my mind too, David - but it will depend on just how long the refit plans had been in place in relation to the date of bookings being taken, of course.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

My understanding is that refits have to be planned two to three years in advance to get a "slot" at one of the shipyards - unless it was a "back hander" job down at the local scrap yard :sarcasm:

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

david63 wrote:
My understanding is that refits have to be planned two to three years in advance to get a "slot" at one of the shipyards - unless it was a "back hander" job down at the local scrap yard :sarcasm:
It may have been....this is Thomson after all. Not the newest ships in the port.... :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Fantastic ... I would love to get such an e-mail and for that gesture they could also send the following years brochure and a booking form.

:clap:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Thomson”