Oriana in search of the Northern Lights

Post by frintonite »

AKA Ray & Sue

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Oriana in search of the Northern Lights

Post by Kenmo1 »

Ray - thank you for doing a blog on the 2nd Oriana trip to the Northern Lights. I will be looking at your blog regularly. Keep safe and I hope that you get to see the lights. My sister said it was difficult NOT to hold on to the handrails on the stairs during the storm they had and in the end used the lifts for safety but luckily managed to avoid the Norovirus.

Maureen.

Rambling Rose
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rambling Rose »

Hi your sister was obviously luckier than me - sadly I missed Alta completely although I must say that I was very well looked after and frankly would not have even tried to go ashore, my partner made it to the Ice Hotel then also had the bug. We are in the process of being refunded for all the trips missed - including the reindeer in Tromso so are now looking at ways of returning next year. The storm was interesting, a shame not to go to Bergen but under the circumstances I think the Captain did an excellent job. I shall read this blog with interest to see how they have changed things from the first trip

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Hello Rambling Rose - We have just been talking to our neighbours who were also on the 1st March trip and the wife was confined to cabin for 3 days with Norovirus. Luckily it was on the return trip and, as Bergen was cancelled, she didn't miss any of the ports. Both my neighbour and my sister have said they have never known a cruise quite like it - certainly some stories to tell from that one. Both also praised the Captain and how he dealt with all the problems which cropped up.

Maureen

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

Have a great one Ray and Sue.

Just off to read the blog now :-)

Return to “Oriana Cruise Reports”