upgrade

Oceana cruises in 2014

Topic author
avisfay
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

upgrade

Post by avisfay »

if you have already booked on a cruise coming up shortly how do you go about getting an upgrade if P & O are still offering the cruise for sale

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: upgrade

Post by barney »

Throw yourself on their mercy :sarcasm:

The reality of it seems to be that there is no formula.

Some people get one, others don't

A friend of ours has done about 30+ cruise mostly with P&O and has had one upgrade in all that time.

You could always just call them and ask, as long as no doesn't offend
Empty vessels .. and all that

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

If you phone and ask they will probably say yes but the upgrade will be at the same price that the cabin was when you booked.

The only other way that I know of and it is leaving it to chance is to register with Reception when you board for an upgrade, there will still be a charge but it is likely to be considerably less than you are quoted shore side.

I have never done this but do know of people that have.
Jo

Jim Crow
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Jim Crow »

We have just been given our first upgrade from a window cabin to a balcony cabin.

Pot luck

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Dancing Queen wrote:

The only other way that I know of and it is leaving it to chance is to register with Reception when you board for an upgrade, there will still be a charge but it is likely to be considerably less than you are quoted shore side.

I have never done this but do know of people that have.
We did that earlier this year, we had booked an additional 11 day leg of the QM2 Worldie to the 18 days leg we already had booked. When we boarded we asked about an upgrade - a paid for upgrade - and got it, but at CONSIDERABLY MORE than it would have cost us had we booked it in the first place! Mainly because we would have booked a slightly lower QG cabin from the one we were offered onboard.

We still took it though and felt it was worth every penny!
Gill

Return to “Oceana Cruises 2014”