Princess electricity

Anything about Princess cruises

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Princess electricity

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We're shortly doing our first cruise on Princess, to Alaska, and have a question I can't find an answer to on the Princess website.

I realise that Princess is American and therefore assume most if not all the sockets in the cabin will be American plug shaped and 110v. That's fine for most of our phone chargers etc. and we have the appropriate adaptor.

However we have one charger which claims it definitely wants 240v. Is there a socket of any shape in a Princess cabin which gives that voltage? :?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Princess electricity

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We're shortly doing our first cruise on Princess, to Alaska, and have a question I can't find an answer to on the Princess website.

I realise that Princess is American and therefore assume most if not all the sockets in the cabin will be American plug shaped and 110v. That's fine for most of our phone chargers etc. and we have the appropriate adaptor.

However we have one charger which claims it definitely wants 240v. Is there a socket of any shape in a Princess cabin which gives that voltage? :?
Merv, I think the princess ships have a dual 110/240v shaver socket in their bathrooms, but of course these are only 2 pin sockets and tend to have thicker and narrower openings than the typical european 2 pin sockets. But you should be able to use them with some sort of multi purpose adaptor.
We are on Emerald Princess at the end of May, so if you don't go until June we will let you know for certain.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Hi Mervyn & Trish
We have been on Princess a few times and my husband thinks the razor socket in the bathroom is duel voltage, you will need an adaptor from razor to your charger, good luck and hope this is some help. We are on the Island Princess from Vancouver in September. Have a good cruise, we find them excellent.
Doreen

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Sounds like the same trip we are doing, but at a different time!

Thanks for replies. The offending item is my electric toothbrush so if the bathroom socket is dual voltage it will do nicely.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Best to wear a pair of wellies for effective insulation .... :crazy:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Perhaps where P&O give slippers Princess offers wellies?

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

My memory of Ruby Princess is that it is only 110V. Could be wrong but seem to remember not being able to plug in electric toothbrush (but I might be thinking of Grandeur of the Seas)

Return to “Princess”