Azura 306A 14th March

Azura cruises in 2013

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Azura 306A 14th March

Post by CaroleF »

I know there were quite a few people on the CC forum who are on this cruise. Amidst all the on/off activities on the P&O site I did manage to book our seats for the outward flight (we sail back). Contrary to what is said on the Personaliser the seats were available to book about 8 weeks before not 12. It was interesting to see someone asking that question on Facebook and P&O came back with the standard answer of seats being available to book 12 weeks before. It was smartly followed by a response by the OP saying well it was already 10 weeks before!

Anyway is anyone around who is on this cruise - it's getting near and looking out the window at all the white stuff around it can't come soon enough for me!

Carole

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Azura 306A 14th March

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Carole, just joined this site. We are on the 2 week cruise returning to Southampton. Booked our seats last week. Can't wait for some sun but thankfully not much in the way of snow here. Very cold though.

Sue

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Hi Sue, I think I remember seeing you comment on this cruise on the P&O site and possibly on Cruise Critic. I do remember you are doing the two week cruise - still not sure how I managed to talk my husband into the three week one - what's more neither is he! We are near Southampton and so sailing back is perfect for us. We still have snow but no new fall since yesterday. Now got the fire alight and can only dream of the Caribbean - still not long now. Hopefully there won't be any snow around when it comes to March and our flight from Gatwick.

We have been on Azura in the Caribbean once before but only for two weeks - our longest cruise so far has been 17 nights. So pleased to have this site. Maybe some others who posted on the roll call on the P&O site.

Carole

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

It doesn't look like many have found us Carole. Shame the group had just got going on the PO site.

Juscrusin
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Juscrusin »

We are on from the 7th March but will be leaving Azura just before she starts the Transatlantic. Would love to be doing the sail back to Southampton but can't complain as we did the Ventura 3 week Transatlantic in November to Barbados great cruise.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Justcruisin, we will miss you as you get off as we get on. Hope you have a great cruise. We would have loved to do the 3 week one but work got in the way.

andyrmanc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andyrmanc »

Hi we are on the 14 night TA (A307P). Not long to wait now. Seats and some tours booked both P&O and on our own. Flying from Manchester @ 11:25am on the 21st March.

Cheers

Andy, Deb and Ella

andyrmanc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andyrmanc »

Anyone else noticed that Dominica on the 23rd March seems to have been changed to St Kitts? Well thats what my CP is saying at the moment but can't view any tours for that day. Interestingly it is still showing our booked tour for Dominica but we can't then view the details. Looks like changes are in process.
Not too bothered about the change as we have not been to either island before.

Andy

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Andy, suspected this might happen as other forums show that pax were getting conflicting info from Levi tours in Dominica. The people at the ports tend to have the correct info. Shame if we have lost Dominica as were looking forward to going to Champagne reef again but I do like St Kitts.

We are on the same flight as you from Manchester.

Sue

andyrmanc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andyrmanc »

Hi Sue,

Got our confirmation e-mail of the change this morning.
Probably see you at the airport then :-)

Andy

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Andy,

No e mail here but now researching beaches in St Kitts. There is one where the snorkelling is very good just can't remember the name, but will find it on google no doubt.

Sue

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Regarding chnage of port. We are on A307P, out of Manchester on 21 March, and saw this on Facebook so phoned P&O who confirmed the change and said e-mails would be sent out. Shame really we had booked a tour for Dominica.

Maybe it is because according to my research there would be 3 ships in on that day. Looking at St Kitts, so far Azura will be the only on in on 23 March.

Also started reasearching new destination.

Peter D
Regards

Peter

margtee
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by margtee »

Hi we are on 307P. Just spoken to P & O as I couldn't get into CP. They have confirmed Dominica defo out and replaced with St Kitts, we don't mind been to neither so anywhere in the sunshine is most welcome. Also St Kitts does not appear to be possible tender (not looking forward to that as sometimes not too nifty on my feet!) Apparently if you've booked a trip with P & O for Dominica they will obviously refund and am told the trips for St Kitts should be out in about a week's time. Also been told if you've booked through a travel agent they will contact you about the change cos P & O can't do that themselves.

It's great to be able to say "holiday next month" - makes it sound even closer. However, today in Plymouth it's a beautiful sunny day but unfortunately not quite the same surroundings as the Caribbean.

Hope all of you leaving soon for your cruises have a great time.

Margtee :D

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Only just read this today - my husband will be disappointed if we are not going to Dominica as he really enjoyed the Champagne Reef Snorkel trip and was booked to do it again. Off to look at my Cruise Personaliser. At one point we were told Guadeloupe was out and a 2nd trip to Dominica in - now looks as though Guadeloupe is definitely on and Dominica off altogether! What's next I wonder. I did look at the Cruisetimetables site and the A306A cruise was the only one shown as visiting Guadeloupe.

Carole

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Think of the fun P&O are going to have in refunding paid for trips.

If paid on debit card there should be no problem. However, ours was on our credit card which we always promptly pay off in full. So they cannot refund to there.

So, will paying for excursions in advance be rethought?
Regards

Peter

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Well I have just been on my Cruise Personaliser and guess what? Guadeloupe has gone again in favour of Dominica and St. Kitts has replaced Dominica on 23rd March! You can't book trips for St. Kitts yet and when I went to view the complete itinerary it wasn't available. Who knows where we will actually end up going?

Carole

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Peter D wrote:
Think of the fun P&O are going to have in refunding paid for trips.

If paid on debit card there should be no problem. However, ours was on our credit card which we always promptly pay off in full. So they cannot refund to there.

So, will paying for excursions in advance be rethought?
I think they can refund the amount to your account which will stay there until you spend some more money.

margtee
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by margtee »

Now it seems definitely St Kitts on 23 Marc. Does anyone know how much the train trip is on the island? I looked at it not via P & O and it was nearly £100, wonder what figure P & O will come up with! Has anybody done this trip and does it warrant the £100 - if indeed it is that much?

Not long to go now :D :D

Margtee

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Holiday Information brochure for A307P came yesterday. e-mail regarding Dominica - St Kitts came today.

The countdown begins.
Regards

Peter

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I looked at my CP this morning and the trips for Dominica were available - we had booked a trip for the 23rd - the original date for Dominica and it was still showing as booked for the 23rd so I phoned P&O. A very pleasant girl got in touch with the relevant dept and told me that the excursion would be moved across - good as it's shown as waitlisted now - the Champagne Reef Snorkel - it's always popular. She also said that the St. Kitts excursions should be available by Monday.

Funnily enough when the post came I got a letter from Bolsover confirming the changes and also saying that in both Dominica and St. Kitts the ship would be berthed alongside - good.

All seems to be falling into place - 5 weeks tomorrow!

Carole

andyrmanc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andyrmanc »

E tickets for A307P are now available for printing :D
Can anyone see excursions for St Kitts on the 23rd March yet? My excursion on Dominica that was on the same date is still showing. Also I still can't view my "Full Itinerary"

5 weeks on Thursday :clap: :clap:

Andy

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I had an email from P&O this morning telling me that our trip on Dominica had been cancelled and we would receive a refund - we did, notification by anoither email. I had been told by P&O last week that they would transfer the trip we booked for the 23rd to 19th - they didn't. So I went back onto the CP and was able to book the same trip for 19th. I was a bit concerned as it's the Champagne Reef Snorkel trip that my husband particularly likes and I thought it might be booked up but it was fine.

St. Kitts trips also available on CP. We have done the St. Kitts Railway trip before but we enjoyed it so much that we decided to do it again. I know it's not cheap but it's a really good excursion. Only 4 weeks till 14th March, well nearly! Let's hope that's the end of the changes to the itinerary.

Carole :D

andyrmanc
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by andyrmanc »

Hi Carole,

Yes I got an email myself (just after my posting as it happens). I also noticed that the St Kitts tours were available and the full itinerary tab was working. Not sure what we will book yet, but the 4x4 or the train trip look promising.

Andy

PaulineF
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by PaulineF »

Hello all (and a particular 'hello' to CaroleF :wave: - we 'spoke' on the old forum!)

We're on A307P and I've suggested a get-together at sailaway on the 22nd (see my post in The Meeting Place', which will hopefully be up soon once it's been modded). Would be great to meet people from A306A too, so please feel free to join us! :)

Pauline

PaulineF
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by PaulineF »

Hello all (and particularly CaroleF :wave: - we 'spoke' on the old forum!)

We're on A307P, and I've suggested a get-together at sailaway on the 22nd (see my post in The Meeting Place). It'd be great to meet people from A306A too, so please feel free to join us.

Hope to see some of you on board. :)

Pauline

Return to “Azura Cruises 2013”