The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey.

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
Billy6
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey.

Post by Billy6 »

Also last weekend I saw the Hobbit. And for all you fans of the Lord of the rings this is a must see, although its going to be three movies I can't see how they will stretch it out. But I do think that New Zealand are paying for all the advertising they get, showing beautiful landscapes on offer if a visit is made.
Martin Freeman is a wonderful Bilbo Baggins and JRR Tolkien would be proud if he had got to see this movie. The story stays as near to the book as is possible, and for me a lovely evening was had, and another wait to see the next instalment. Children will love this movie. Star rating from me. 5*
But there again I love these sort of movies. :D

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey.

Post by Gill W »

I think it would have been a perfectly good two hour film, but it seemed to go on for ever.

I did enjoy it, but it wasn't one of those films where the time flew past.

I'd give it 3 stars, because for me, it was overlong.
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey.

Post by Kendhni »

Really enjoyed the Hobbit but agree with Gill that it could easily have been made a 2 hour movie ... there was a lot of walking through forests, and then walking on cliff tops, and walking in snow ... then they tried a bit of running across scenery and climaxed by walking and talking at the same time.

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”