Live from Azura with Sue Kersh

Reports about cruises on Azura

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Live from Azura with Sue Kersh

Post by Suekersh »

oldbluefox wrote:
Interesting what you say about the Roman ruins near Civitavecchia Sue. The Google images make them look quite substantial and worthy of further investigation. I had never heard of them before but would enjoy going to see them.
Hi OBF,
We had not heard of them either. They are substantial and are still being excavated. As wells the baths area, there was a library and hospital. It is a beautiful spot but if they want to start making money out if it they need to advertise it better and provide a place to buy refreshments to entice visitors. I think that Civi has been ignored by the tourist trade for so long and is still unsure how to promote its attractions. Why have a tourist bus that doesn't allow stops to see the attractions.

There is a lot of work going on in the town so this may change over the next few years.

Topic author
Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

Thanks Sue, another great report :-)

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Just caught up with your excellent cruise reports, Sue. Your entertainment sounds great compared to ours and we are seriously considering our choice of ships. Although in our mid sixties/early seventies we still prefer acts like Clem Curtis, Steve Larkin as Mercury Rising etc and something a lot livelier than we got on Arcadia. We think the office at Southampton marks Arcadia as an older persons ship because it is adults only and gears the entertainment towards that. There were actually quite a few younger couples on the ship and I should imagine they found the entertainment quite limited.

I see you also had the same problem with priority disembarkation as we did - cases in totally the wrong alphabet order, very frustrating.

4 lbs to shift which went on in just 12 days so still doing Onelife's weigh in every Sunday. What about you or have you still got more cruises booked in the near future?

Maureen

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Great reports Sue - glad to read that you kept hydrated with all those stops at bars - made me laugh every time you said "it would be rude to refuse" :lol:
Janis

stocktonmackem
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by stocktonmackem »

Enjoyed your reports sue, we are doing Azura at the end of august to the med, so your reports have certainly wetted the appetite so to speak. :D

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Kenmo1 wrote:
Just caught up with your excellent cruise reports, Sue. Your entertainment sounds great compared to ours and we are seriously considering our choice of ships. Although in our mid sixties/early seventies we still prefer acts like Clem Curtis, Steve Larkin as Mercury Rising etc and something a lot livelier than we got on Arcadia. We think the office at Southampton marks Arcadia as an older persons ship because it is adults only and gears the entertainment towards that. There were actually quite a few younger couples on the ship and I should imagine they found the entertainment quite limited.

I see you also had the same problem with priority disembarkation as we did - cases in totally the wrong alphabet order, very frustrating.

4 lbs to shift which went on in just 12 days so still doing Onelife's weigh in every Sunday. What about you or have you still got more cruises booked in the near future?

Maureen
Hi Maureen, put 7lbs on of the stone I had lost after Arcadia cruise. It was less than normal and I think keeping off the cocktails helped. Now got 1 1/2 stone to lose and only 8 weeks before our next cruise for 19 nights on Adonia.

I will weigh in on Onelifes diet next Sunday. Fingers crossed I will have made a dent in the first 1/2 stone.

Good luck on losing your 4 lb. not bad really on a 12 day cruise.

Sue

Return to “Azura Cruise Reports”