Balmoral

Anything about Fred Olsen cruises

Topic author
anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Balmoral

Post by anneed »

Anyone been on Fred Olsen's Balmoral recently? I'm doing a press trip to the fjords next week visiting Bergen, Flam, Olden and Stavanger.

I went on Balmoral a few years ago so I've got a good idea what to expect. Not glitzy and glamorous but cosy and comfy. I'm quite looking forward to being on a smaller ship and (after my recent Arcadia experience) better food!

Topic author
anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Balmoral

Post by anneed »

Just back from Balmoral and I have to say I was very impressed. Yes, the ship is creaking a bit and the cabins need updating but the atmosphere was one of comfortable relaxation and the food was WAY better than I experienced on Arcadia last month.

I did miss having a proper theatre and I could only tick 'fair' on the questionnaire regarding shore excursions. However, the smaller size of ship seemed to make lots of things so much easier. Embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze and I never found myself competing with herds of people for things like the buffet.

I would certainly look at a Fred cruise again but one top tip - take your own hairdryer! The one supplied in the bathroom is only good for drying your nail varnish.

Return to “Fred Olsen”