Adonia in Copenhagen

Reports about cruises on Adonia

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Adonia in Copenhagen

Post by CaroleF »

We had to miss out Bornholm yesterday due to high winds, the Captain apologised but said it wasn't safe to anchor so we had a day at sea but he was able to get us to copenhagen yesterday evening around 6pm so those who wanted to go ashore during the evening could do so. Today we went on a tour which included a coach trip, walking tour and boat trip on the canals - a great tour with a fantastic guide. Well worth doing. It rained as we left but the sun soon came out and other than a sharp wind it wa s a really good tour.

Went to Ocean Grill last night and was very impressed. When I went last year to the one on Arcadia I wasn't impressed at all but last night the food and the service was great, rather like Seventeen on Azura. It's continued to be a great cruise, love the ship and will be looking at future cruises. Dress code almost 100 percent abided by with only a very few moaners that I've met, mainly at lunch times don't know why that is. I'll write a full review on my return. Sea day tomorrow and then we have to think about packing on Saturday - could do with longer!

Carole

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Adonia in Copenhagen

Post by oldbluefox »

Has anybody recognised you yet from their in-cabin copy of 'Our World'?

I hope they realise they are in the company of cruising royalty and afford you the respect you deserve. :thumbup: :wave:

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Oh do tell Foxy .. I haven't had a copy of 'Our World' ( think P&O have written me off !! ) why is Carole P&O cruising royalty ??
Jo

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Well, I know Carole is too much of a lady to say anything but when we were on Azura we were reading the in-cabin magazine (which unfortunately you are not allowed to take with you) and there was a full page spread in there submitted by Carole and her husband, John, and very interesting reading it made too.

However I doubt Carole will want everyone knowing, and I don't want to be seen as a blabbermouth, so please keep it under your hat and don't tell anyone else!!! I know my secret is safe with you DQ. ;) ;)

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thanks for keeping us posted on your Adonia trip - everyone seems to enjoy sailing on her :thumbup: I am looking forward to reading your review of Copenhagen as it is on the itinerary for my family cruise next May.
Janis

cornmillgirl
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by cornmillgirl »

Great reporting CaroleF, we love Adonia and obviously you do too, she is a lovely ship and popular, we are on her in May next year, cant wait.

Sorry to hear about John's eye problems, but well done to P&O for organising the consultant, it is good to know how helpful they can be.

Looking forward to your full report as well.

Return to “Adonia Cruise Reports”