Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
Anne D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Cadiz ... Sherry Trip to Jerez

Post by Anne D »

Hi

Can anyone tell me if Cunard do a trip to Jerez and a tour round a Sherry Bodega whilst docked in Cadiz.

We did one a few years back on P&O and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anne :)

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Cadiz ... Sherry Trip to Jerez

Post by Boris+ »

I know that last year there was an excursion which sounded similar - and our cruise pals definitely did something like that when we were in Cadiz.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Em

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

I've had a look on the 'destinations' section of the website, and can't find Cadiz!

Em

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Boris+ wrote:
I've had a look on the 'destinations' section of the website, and can't find Cadiz!

Em
It's listed on here: http://www.pocruises.com/cruise-destina ... terranean/

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

That's interesting QB - I've looked on the Cunard website and it's simply not there. There are some other places which are on the website, but which have no details of typical excursions - Belfast is one example I can think of.

Em

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Hi Anne

We call at Cadiz on our next cruise so I have just checked the tours for you.

There is no tour listed for a trip to a Sherry Bodega just this one which is Jerez on your Own although from the description it appears you are able to organise your own tour once there, hope this helps.

CadizCadizAdult: $40.00 / Child: $26.00Jerez On Your OwnSit back and relax as you pass cattle ranches and stunning scenery during your drive to Jerez de la Frontera, one of the most beautiful cities in Andalusia. Upon arrival, you will have around three and a half hours at leisure to explore the city.

Jerez is world-renowned for being the home of sherry. If you are unsure of what to do you could always pop into one of the local 'bodegas' for a tour and a spot of sherry tasting. Take a walk through the medieval old town where colourful flower filled patios line your route or explore some of the stunning architecture including the Alcazar and Cathedral of Jerez.

If all of that sounds too energetic, just take a seat in one of the many cafés, bars and restaurants that surround the beautiful Plaza de Arenal.
Jo

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

And as we all know - it's sometimes worthwhile going to one of those 'port talks' just to make sure that we don't miss anything (or watching it on the tv).

Em

Topic author
Anne D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Anne D »

Hi Jo

Thank you very much for taking the trouble of finding out about the Cadiz trips. I think the one to' Jerez on Your Own 'would be too much as we only usually do organised short trips with minimal walking. I think that P&O still do the Bodega only trip but it doesn't follow that Cunard would do the same. I also wonder if various trips{ particularly wine related} vary according to the time of year.
Hope you have a lovely cruise.

Thank you too Em for also researching.

Anne :)

Return to “Cunard”