J420 canaries & portugal

Arcadia cruises in 2014

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: J420 canaries & portugal

Post by barney »

Sorry that you didn't seem to have a great time Robert

Such a shame when you are looking forward to something so much.

For us, the 'boring' sea days are what appeals. I'm brilliant and doing sweet naff all for long periods and am not looking for entertainment.
As a matter of fact, I go out of my way to avoid it.

A bit like you, I'm not bothered about the shows either. Probably seen them all by now. Have seen a few decent speciality acts though.

Did you try the Atol Kucher resturant? I've heard that's very good and was looking forward to it.
As for the MDR, yes I agree, it's all much of a muchness. Some good, some not so good, but rarely bad.

Be interested to see what Chris thought.

regards
Barney
Empty vessels .. and all that

ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Robert, so sorry to have missed you and Karen. We are on the Britannia Maiden are you?
We enjoyed the cruise but like you thought the evening entertainment could have been more varied. We don't go to the Headliners shows as we have seen them all many times. The food , although some of it was repetitive, what we had was good. We ate in East and Ocean Grill and cannot fault the food. However, I do think East on Azura and the original Orchid on Arcadia were both that much better. Daytime activities don't interest us. I like to go to the gym on sea days. Reading and just doing nothing suits us on sea days. As Brian is still recovering we just took things easy. Glad you had a good time. Maybe meet up on another cruise.
Regards
Chris

Topic author
Robert
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Robert »

Hi Chris
Unfortunately we are not on the maiden cruise as I have to go into hospital for a new heart valve but as soon as I'm fit again we'll find something to sail out on,you can bet on that.
Would love to get the chance to meet up on another cruise sometime and will keep in touch.
Robert & Karen

ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Robert, Hope all goes well with your heart surgery. It will be nice to keep in touch and maybe meet up at sometime on another cruise. Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year. x
Regards
Chris

Return to “Arcadia Cruises 2014”