Adonia 2016 booked, but.....

Adonia cruises 2016

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Adonia 2016 booked, but.....

Post by CaroleF »

Well, after much discussion about what to use the FCD we obtained on our recent Adonia cruise for, we settled on a February 2016 Cruise on Adonia which goes up the Amazon. I much prefer going from Southampton but as it will be my husband's birthday the day we fly to Barbados I gave in! So I phoned Bolsover and couldn't believe it - there are no flights left for the cruise leaving from Gatwick - let alone Premium flights which we usually book. In the event all we could do was to book the cruise with flights from Manchester and are on a wait list to be switched to Gatwick. Our agent at Bolsover was fairly certain that a Gatwick flight would become available as it's such a long time until the cruise that people are bound to drop out - if they don't we have the choice at the final payment stage to either accept Manchester - unlikely as we live near Southampton and the thought of having to go all the way to Manchester..... Or we can opt to change the cruise to something different.

We usually have second sitting - but that's fully booked too so we are on a wait list for that as well! I was so surprised that a cruise that doesn't depart for around 16 months is so fully booked. Apparently there are more flights booked from Gatwick than Manchester which is unusual - so fingers crossed. Oh yes and we have to have the Yellow Fever jab so that will be fun too! Still, really looking forward to going back on Adonia!

Carole

Return to “Adonia Cruises 2016”