Adonia cruise D416

Reports about cruises on Adonia

Topic author
colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Adonia cruise D416

Post by colin parry »

Returned last week from the 18 day Music Festival at Sea. Have to say it was our 4th MFAS and was superb. The Artists were excellent, particularly Yvonne Howard who we have seen before and also Arwel Morgan, a bass baritone. Their participation in the sailaway was magnificent.
Adonia was as usual simply the best ship in the fleet( imho ). The entertainmment team and particularly Dom the CD worked their socks off.
Apart from a few 'pot holes' on the first day we had wall to wall sunshine the rest of the cruise with temperatures typically 25 - 27 degrees.
The only disappointment was the food which was probably the worst we have had in almost 30 cruises. Seems to me the choice is not what it used to be and quality also poor. However the Baltic lunch was very good and Sorrento is well worth the small extra price.
Having said all that we have just booked D509 for next year.
I think CMG said she was going on the music cruise in May 2015. You are in for a real treat. The Artists for that cruise are excellent having seen most of them before. I only wish we were able to go on that one as well.
I must also praise the theatre group who performed to a very high standard. Didn't bother going to see Private Lives again but the other play which I seem to remember was called Opposite Sex was very funny.
I was almost tempted to book the next cruise on board but decided to wait and was rewarded today with a nice sum of extra OBC.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Adonia cruise D416

Post by CaroleF »

Interesting Colin. I wonder if there has been a change of Executive Chef as on our cruise - left Adonia on 28th Sept. - we thought the food was amongst the best we've had on P&O. For us too Adonia is the best ship in the fleet and we've booked to go on her again but not until Feb. 2016! We'd like to do a Music at Sea cruise sometime too.

Carole

Topic author
colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Adonia cruise D416

Post by colin parry »

Followlng on from my original post, we have cancelled D509 and opted to go on D510 which is another Music Festival.Thought long and hard about changing and decided the extra week and the music was worth the extra money.

Return to “Adonia Cruise Reports”