Ventura delayed in Barbados.

Discussions about anything related to Ventura

Topic author
Ray Scully
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Ventura delayed in Barbados.

Post by Ray Scully »

I understand that as a result of a little snow, the Birmingham flight did not get away yesterday, and as a result, Ventura's sailing from Barbados has been delayed.

Pity poor P&O's admin with all the claims for compensation from those folk stuck in Barbados for another day, presumably still on board suffering P&O'S food. Also the poor devils forced into a Birmingham hotel for the night rather than sleeping in the airport as happened at Heathrow :(

Ray ;)

Jaczs+
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Ventura delayed in Barbados.

Post by Jaczs+ »

My friends are on their second week on board so are in the pub but today would have been a sea day so they shouldn't miss any ports all being well.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Jaczs+ wrote:
My friends are on their second week on board so are in the pub but today would have been a sea day so they shouldn't miss any ports all being well.
The Captain might have to put the pedal to the metal to make the first port by tomorrow morning.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

"delayed in Barbados". Now that would be nice :-)

Jaczs+
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jaczs+ »

Well the captain put his foot down as they are in Antigua today so they just lost a sea day.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Much rather be stuck for an extra day in Barbados than a sea day. Hope they have a great cruise after the trauma of getting there.

Sue

Jaczs+
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jaczs+ »

My friends enjoyed their extra day in Barbados but I have noticed on the web-cam it is raining well in Antigua :(

Pippa Kernow
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Pippa Kernow »

Hubby says that having kicked her heels for 2 days in Barbados, Ventura had little time to get to Antigua, (as planned). So instead, she has toddled off to St Vincent, (which happens to be her 3rd port this week). He says that if Ventura is actually in Antigua today, then they've held a postcard of St Vincent up to the webcam. If OH is correct, (and if he is there'll be no livin' with him :roll: ), it seems like P&O have shuffled the mix of port venues a tad, so perhaps they'll visit Antigua later in the cruise.

As for me, I'd be hard pressed to recognize either port from the webcam view....or failing memory.... ;)

Return to “About Ventura”