Adonia D510 09 May - 29 May 2015

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Adonia

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Adonia D510 09 May - 29 May 2015

Post by colin parry »

Many thanks to everyone for their good wishes. My wife (Eileen ) has been fast tracked for further investigation/treatment so we will remain optimistic.
I was so looking forward to meeting Steve and Janet and having that drink in Andersons. Well maybe some time in the future.
Enjoy the cruise and particularly the music.
Regards
Colin

Topic author
Popeye The Sailorman
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Popeye The Sailorman »

Hi Colin
We were also looking forward to meeting up for a tipple in Andersons.. Hopefully w'll see you on another
cruise in the future.. Will let you know how we go on Re music and of course the cruise..

Cheers
Steve

P.S. I hope it all works out with the insurance company.. They can be very slippery..

Topic author
Popeye The Sailorman
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Popeye The Sailorman »

JillD66 wrote:
We're going on this one as well! Also received excursion brochure & labels this morning.

Labels in the book are dark blue with no cabin number. We booked early March and were given a cabin number a couple of weeks ago.
On line, our labels are red border, grey stripes in the middle and 7A in centre! Anyone clever enough to de-code this for me?
Hi JillD66

Not long now... I guess you are getting as excited as we are.. 8-) The packing has already slowly started... Well
more of rounding things up.. The Vodka has been pre-ordered for my wife Cornmillgirl who likes a few drinks :o

Have you been on the Adonia before??

JillD66
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by JillD66 »

Morning Steve!

Yes we've been on Adonia before and love the "smaller" ships! Not packed yet but have been window shopping a bit!!
Also keeping an eye on the temperatures in Tangier, Rome etc - not much hotter than the sunny south at the moment.

Sitting in the garden's not the same as sunning on deck - not so much movement!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

JillD66 wrote:
..... Also keeping an eye on the temperatures in Tangier, Rome etc - not much hotter than the sunny south at the moment ...
According to the BeeB's forecast the temperature on the 1st May, for example in Tangier, will be 14 degrees warmer than Southampton ... sounds ok to me, albeit we won't be going :(
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

Very best wishes to those sailing on Adonia on Saturday. I hope you have a most enjoyable cruise. I'm devastated not to be joining you on this one as I was particularly looking forward to the Music Festival. For those who havn't seen them before, Kerenza Peacock (violin) and Jean Kelly ( Harp ) are not to be missed and Nick Bailey is an excellent host. A word of warning, make sure you get to the Curzon lounge early for the Daytime concerts as it does get overcrowded.I'm pleased to say that my wife is making very good progress and the tests did not show anything 'nasty' We hpe to book another cruise later in the year.
Regards
Colin

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

That's good news for you and Lady Parry, Colin. I hope you find something nice after a difficult time for you.

Sorry too that we won't be seeing CMG and PTSM but, knowing them, I feel sure they will have a great time. Looking forward my self to joining them on the high seas a week later.

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Manoverboard wrote:
JillD66 wrote:
..... Also keeping an eye on the temperatures in Tangier, Rome etc - not much hotter than the sunny south at the moment ...
According to the BeeB's forecast the temperature on the 1st May, for example in Tangier, will be 14 degrees warmer than Southampton ... sounds ok to me, albeit we won't be going :(
when we were due into Tangier on Adonia this time last year there were force 12s and we didn't make it
Meg
x

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Meg 50 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
JillD66 wrote:
when we were due into Tangier on Adonia this time last year there were force 12s and we didn't make it
We made it last week and the conditions were sunny with temps approx 80 degrees but we had received a ship's warning about security and had outriders in Telouan to keep us nice 'n' safe.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “The Meeting Place - Adonia”