The Oriana Rumble

Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
Bert C
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

The Oriana Rumble

Post by Bert C »

We were last on Oriana just before the refit at the end of 2011 and at that time the notorious rear rumble was really bds.

Was the problem resolved or improved during the refit? If she still rumbles is it very noticeable in cabins at the rear of A deck?

Bert

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: The Oriana Rumble

Post by Manoverboard »

Chums were near the back on A Deck in December 2012 but heard nothing as opposed to the dreadful din in the Restaurant that we experienced, re-alligning ones eating irons does help considerably however.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Bert C
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bert C »

MOBY, we were right on top of the rumble in the restaurant on that cruise. We were not prepared to tolerate it for 34 nights, so moved and ended up on an excellent table. Two of our new table companions were in a cabin towards the rear of C deck and said that they were disturbed by the rumble.

It kept a good head on the beer though. :)

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

:lol: :lol: ... I think we must have been too, Table 64 I recall.

We started off with the prospect of only 11 nights but missed 2 due to the dreaded NV and 3 more to Select Dining, we thought about moving but decided not to bother.

The unfortunate part was that we were with another couple and we linked our Dining table to theirs, had we done it the other way round we would have been in the ' quieter ' MDR.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

JohnTheDog
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by JohnTheDog »

Artemis had one too...there was one table in the buffet that seemed possessed! :twisted:

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Manoverboard wrote:
:lol: :lol: ... I think we must have been too, Table 64 I recall.

We started off with the prospect of only 11 nights but missed 2 due to the dreaded NV and 3 more to Select Dining, we thought about moving but decided not to bother.

The unfortunate part was that we were with another couple and we linked our Dining table to theirs, had we done it the other way round we would have been in the ' quieter ' MDR.
I don't remember the table number but it sounds like the one we were on the first time we sailed on Oriana in it's maiden year ( 1995 ) it doesn't sound as if anything has improved, we couldn't even have a conversation with people across from us it was so noisy. :crazy:
Jo

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

we were on oriana in july for 12 nights and never had any rumbles anywhere thought it was just a thing invented by the moaners

Return to “About Oriana”