Venice off the Beaten Track

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Venice off the Beaten Track

Post by Solent Richard »

I would guess there are many of you who, like me, have almost done Venice to death on cruise ship calls.

With that in mind I decided to look for something different on my last visit which was on Ventura.

As always I record the adventure and have just published an alternative route around Venice for those who like a bit of DIY with a difference.

The route will still get you to St. Marks Square but will explore some of the more unusual places not normally visited by tourists like the world's first and oldest Jewish Ghetto...

...and the rather amazing Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo...

With over 35 pictures and two street maps, plus some photographs of Venice's most 'uplifting' Jazz Bar. Here is the link...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... ten-track/

Hope it's helpful and, if you do like it why not become one of my other 250 followers and you will be alerted by email immediately a new post appears.

We certainly had a great day, you can too.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Venice off the Beaten Track

Post by Manoverboard »

Buy Thomas Cook's Traveller's Guide on e-Bay for a few £££s and it will list umpteen walks covering many places that most folks have yet to visit in this beautiful City.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

Manoverboard wrote:
Buy Thomas Cook's Traveller's Guide on e-Bay for a few £££s and it will list umpteen walks covering many places that most folks have yet to visit in this beautiful City.
Its actually quite surprising what people miss when there is so much to offer.

I read on another forum recently of a supposed experienced cruise paying Thomson £49.00 per person and all they got was a vaporetto ride and a Gondola ride that could have been pre-purchased for £22.00.

Who needs Thomas Cook when there is the internet?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Solent Richard wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
.... Who needs Thomas Cook when there is the internet?
I do :lol:

My advice to those who do not wish to cart about the Internet with them is ...

Buy the book and cut out the little maps that reflect the walk(s) that you wish to take, take them to the local photo shop and have them blown up to A4 size and laminated. Clear detail, rain proof and very simple to annotate additional info using a freezer pen or similar.

:thumbup:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Europe”