Cabin Number: D783 - Strathallan Suite
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Furnishings: 4****
Balcony: 5*****
Bathroom: 5*****
Stability: 5*****
Quiet Cabin: 5*****

This is a Portside Corner Aft cabin with a wraparound balcony. It has a separate lounge area, bedroom and a large bathroom.

The lounge area contains Kettle and Coffee machine, fridge, interactive TV and Bluetooth CD player and telephone. Bed Settee, two chairs, coffee table and small vanity unit, full length mirror and small mirror over the vanity unit and a cupboard with shelves and your safe.

The bedroom has a dressing table, bedside table, interactive TV, telephone. In between the bedroom and the living area is enough closed wardrobe space and shelved cupboards for all your clothes. It also comes with an iron and ironing board, very handy.

The large bathroom has a large sink area with one sink and a wall of mirrors. It has a full size whirlpool bath and separate shower. There is also a separate WC with Jack and Jill access from both your living area and the bathroom.

The wrap around balcony is large and can be accessed from both the lounge and bedroom areas and has a table, two chairs, two recliners, two foot stools and a small table. There is plenty of room to use everything. You are overlooked by the occupants of the suite above you and can see the three suite balconies below. However, the corner aft suites on Deck A and B are over looked from anyone at the stern of the Sunset bar.

Plugs; two UK in the bedroom, one upside down, two UK in the living room and two European/American in the living room. Whoever designed this room did not do it with ladies in mind. Where there are plugs there are no mirrors and where there are mirrors there are no plugs. You read that right, ie, in the bedroom is a nice dressing table, with 4 drawers and two UK plugs and no mirror at all in the bedroom. The nearest mirror is in the living room about 10 feet away, yes, it really it is that far. The nice vanity unit in the living room has a large mirror and the nearest plugs are the ones used by the kettle and coffee machine also about 10 feet away.

We were lucky. I brought a long 2 metre extension cable, only reason was I could not find the smaller one. So, we plugged this into the bedroom room sockets, opened the bathroom door and used the mirror in there. Not ideal, a little unsafe, but it worked. I do not know if this is the same for the other Suites on Britannia but that is what you have in this corner aft. That is the reason for the 4* in my rating.

This cabin is at the stern. That means access to lifts and stairs. However, it also means if you want to have breakfast in the Epicurean, Suites only, then it is quite a walk to the forward set of lifts and stairs.
Regards

Peter

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews - Britannia

Post by GillD46 »

We had the same suite but on F deck and the socket situation was the same. I loved the suite, one of the best we have been in, but the socket/mirror situation - or lack of - was awful. Our Butler told us EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER has complained. I imagine they will HAVE to do something about it. There is an obvious space on the wall beside the wardrobe in the bedroom.
Gill

Jacknian
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jacknian »

Sounds lovely, I can only dream of having a suite !

Topic author
Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Regards

Peter

Topic author
Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Peter D »

Jacknian, this was special for us. 25th Anniversary so we spoilt ourselves.
Regards

Peter

Jacknian
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jacknian »

Looked at your photos, it looks gorgeous, especially that bathroom.

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews - Britannia Suite B623

Post by Lynda and David »

Cabin Number: B623 - Kashmir Suite
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Furnishings: 5****
Balcony: 5*****
Bathroom: 5*****
Stability: 5*****
Quiet Cabin: 5*****

B623 is a Starboard Aft cabin. It has a separate lounge area, bedroom and a large bathroom with separate toilet.

The lounge area contains a settee, two chairs, coffee table and small writing desk on which there is a telephone and CD player, the area also has an interactive TV, full length mirror, a cupboard with shelves and safe and a double wardrobe. There is an area between the lounge and bedroom which contains the kettle, coffee machine and fridge, alongside that is a double wardrobe.

The bedroom has a dressing table, bedside table, interactive TV, telephone and a single wardrobe which comes with an iron and ironing board.

The bathroom has a large sink area with one sink and a wall of mirrors. It has a full size whirlpool bath and large separate shower. There is also a separate WC with Jack and Jill access from both your living area and the bathroom.

The balcony holds two recliner chairs, two foot stools and a small table and still allows plenty of room to move about. Doors from the bedroom and lounge area lead onto the balcony.

There are plenty of plugs in both the lounge area and the bedroom with a mixture of UK/European/American sockets. In this type of suite you can plug the hairdryer into a socket on the dressing table which means that you can dry your hair by the mirror (I have heard previously that in some suites there are no sockets near the mirrors).

This cabin is classed as an aft suite and is close to the aft lifts and stairs. The only negative I can come up with is that if you want to have breakfast in the Epicurean, Suites only restaurant, then it is quite a walk to the forward set of lifts and stairs.
We loved this suite, so far it is the best we have travelled in (previously we’ve travelled in two suites on Ventura and one mini-suite on Oceana), my cousins were in the suite at the side of us, B625 and they too loved their suite, we would all have no hesitation in booking these suites again on Britannia.

Esprit
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Esprit »

We were in C708.

Perfect location for the stairs up to the Beach house and Horizon buffet. Also great for going down to the Oriental restaurant for evening dinner.

We would also walk down to deck 7 and stroll along to the atrium for the Crystal room.

We were never affected by the supposed lift issue as we never used them.

Peter

Return to “About Britannia”