Discussions about anything related to Aurora

Topic author
Snoozen82
Cadet
Cadet

Dancing on board

Post by Snoozen82 »

Hi All

Haven't posted on here since it all migrated from the P&O site, so bear with me if this goes worng..... :crazy:

We're booked on board the Aurora for the Xmas/New Year 2016 transatlantic - We're a large group celebrating a wedding that will be happening on board on New years Eve!

Anyway, a few of us are keen ballroom dancers and I'd like to know where this happens on board.

We've previously sailed on the Oriana (before she was made Adults only) and remember that dancing always took place before dinner in one of the bars (can't remember the name of it)

People tell me Aurora is similar to the Oriana so my question is, is there a designated place to partake in some ballroom dancing or does it happen in the Atrium like some of the larger ships?

Thanks...

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Dancing on board

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Snoozeen,

Harlequins is the venue on Oriana where the ballroom dancing takes place.

On Aurora it is Carmens. Dancing most nights at some time to either live music or CD s. It is used for other shows though like the game shows and the kids disco so not as good as Oriana. It depends on the Entertainment manager as well. In 2012 the dancing was good but the year previous there was no or little ballroom as it was an Irish ceilidh band on board.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Snoozeen

I can confirm what Sue has said and would add that the venue is also used for the dance classes. I only know this because our choir practise followed on after them.

Regards

OL

Topic author
Snoozen82
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Snoozen82 »

Thanks for your replies!

Its good to know that there is a seperate venue for dancing.......... I don't like it as much when it only happens in the Atrium like on the Oceana.

Hopefully we won't have an Irish Band for the 24 nights we're away :shock:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
Hi Snoozeen

I can confirm what Sue has said and would add that the venue is also used for the dance classes. I only know this because our choir practisefollowed on after them.

Regards

OL

So you were the one causing our TV interference ;)

Return to “About Aurora”