Seville

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Seville

Post by Whynd1 »

We have booked the excursion Seville on your own, was wondering if anybody had done either of the Seville excursions and could tell me how long the walk in from the coach to the meeting point is.

Many thanks
Lindsey

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Seville

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Whynd1 wrote:
We have booked the excursion Seville on your own, was wondering if anybody had done either of the Seville excursions and could tell me how long the walk in from the coach to the meeting point is.

Many thanks
Lindsey
We have done Seville on your own. The drop-off point is about 10 to 15 minutes walk to the town centre with the cathedral and everything. It's quite a pleasant walk and a very interesting city.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Very near when we did it Lindsey

Seville is very walkable and all the sites you'd wish to see are near the centre

The tapas & vino are very good :wave:
Empty vessels .. and all that

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Whynd

I've spent the last two hours writing this for you but please don't tell the others I've said this as they may accuse me of lifting it from somewhere......anyhow if you find it useful a small donation to the onelife cruise fund would be much appreciated ;)

We sailed into Cadiz at around 8.30am with blue skies overhead. The outside tempreture already reading 22'c was an added bonus as we looked forward to our excursion to Servile. Having tucked into my third English breakfast we were soon making our way down the gang plank onto the awaiting coach. For those of you who are thinking of booking this excursion l would like to warn you about the journey time. Servile is a 3 hour round journey which only allows you about 4 hours to explore this beautiful city. My advise would be to plan what you want to see prior to arriving, this is what we did and we managed to fit in both the Cathedral and Palace and gardens. ( sorry l can't remember the names of these impresive buildings) The thing that strikes you first when entering Servile is its feeling of wealth, with streets of very inpressive/expensive looking buildings. Once off the coach it was about half a mile to our first port of call which was the cathedral....now being an athiest l don't have much intrest in cathedrels and such but as my two girls are still sitting on the fence on that one we decided to give it a go. Well, if l said it once l must have said it a hundred times ' but how did they do that' seemed to pop out every time l turned a corner, its vaulted ceilings which were adorned with incredible paintings were awsome....'now how did they do that'? If you are visiting Servile put this place down as a must see. Oh, and if you are feeling very energetic then a steep climb up the bell tower provides stunning views over the whole of Servile.

Ok we only have just over an hour to get over to the tile shop which is otherwise known as tne Royal Palace......[album][/album]

To be continued
Last edited by Onelife on 25 Sep 2015, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

.....If any of you are looking for inspiration as to what ceramic tiles would look good in your kitchen or bathroom then the Royal Palace is the place to head for....the palace walls are covered in them, indeed hundreds of thousands of them all in different colours and designs. When you consider what you would pay for one 'hand made' ceramic tile the tiles in this place must be worth millions....what l can tell you is that they are a sod to get off the walls. If anyone is intrested l'm willing to sell them off individually or as a job lot.

The palace its self consisted of many arched rooms all different but all fascinating...for those of you who might be intrested this is a video taken while there....Oh, and please don't tell 'Mike Crowe' l've said that, Oh, and the music accompanying the video is a peice l composed a few years back...enjoy!... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OtNEmt8pWgI

A short stroll took you out into the gardens of which there wasn't a flower to be seen which isn't surprising considering the climate which was hot, hot hot. There were several courtyard fountains all of which looked very inviting considering the temperature which must have been approaching 30'c . Sadly we didnt have anywhere enough time to get to explore further these extensive gardens but l can assure you they are well worth a visit.

Have a great cruise

Regards

Keith

btw....It takes about ten minutes to walk from where the coach drops you off.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Very good OL. Where did you lift it from? :lol:
Seriously, it's a good read and useful for anybody doing Seville on their own. :thumbup:
But who goes on holiday and thinks 'I must choose some tiles for the kitchen and bathroom'? :think:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The ceramic tile outlets are in Triana which is the Gypsy / Flamenco quarter of Seville, one only needs to cross the Guadalquivir River to visit this very interesting district. There are a number of other districts of course, each has an easy to follow walking itinerary ... we did a number of them last year ... and they are all to be discovered in Thomas Cook's Traveller's Guide of Seville, just a few £££s on e-bay etc.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Thanks for the replies,looking forward to visiting Seville. Had to cancel on the morning of the excursion last time due to illness.

Return to “Europe”