J611 to Iceland

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Arcadia

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

J611 to Iceland

Post by ChrisB »

Is anyone else joining us on this cruise?
Regards
Chris

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: J611 to Iceland

Post by qbman1 »

Sadly not, but we did the same Iceland ports on Arcadia in July 2013. I'm sure you'll love it. Certainly something to look forward to next August.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

qbman1 wrote:
Sadly not, but we did the same Iceland ports on Arcadia in July 2013. I'm sure you'll love it. Certainly something to look forward to next August.
I am sure we will enjoy the trip. What sort of weather should we expect?
Regards
Chris

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

ChrisB wrote:
What sort of weather should we expect?
Variable and unpredictable !

We went in mid July 2013 and had a gorgeous first day at sea followed by a scorching day in Dublin. It was the time that we had that heatwave back at home! From the next morning, it was thick fog all the way to Reykjavik and we arrived to 6 degrees and sleet. To be fair the temperature soared to 8 or 9 in the afternoon! It was very similar for the rest of the cruise. We came back via Norway and the weather didn't really pick up until we got to Stavanger.

You are not far from the Arctic Circle (we actually crossed it on our cruise) so pack accordingly.

After saying that, you could be lucky but remember that the Icelanders consider 15 degrees to be a warm summer! One of the locals told us that is we are having good weather in the UK, then they have it bad in Iceland and vice versa. Probably all about the jetstream ?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We've been to Iceland twice and the weather was pretty good both times. We had some fog too on approach but it cleared when we got there.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Arcadia”