Ventura Sea screen

Discussions about anything related to Ventura

DianaM
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura Sea screen

Post by DianaM »

I have it on good authority ( Officer on Azura at Caribbean lunch last month), that Ramblas will not now be turned into the Glasshouse during the upcoming refit. I tried to press him for the reason, but he was vague/said he didn't know.

The spa pool and sunbathing area is definitely going to be the Retreat. He didn't know whether adults who had not paid to go into the retreat would still be able to use the pool.

We are going on a Mediterranean cruise in August on Ventura, with all our family, and I think I will definitely be checking into the Retreat on sea days. This officer said there will be up to 900 under 18s onboard! :shock: :crazy: Admittedly, 4 of them will be our own grandchildren, but I don't want to share the pools with the other 896! :lol:

Diana

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We tried the Azura once (that was enough) and found the sea screen very disappointing. The resolution and dynamic range is very poor and there are two vertical joins where the three sections meet. There are much better screens available but they would cost more. My wife loves the shipboard films but wouldn't go near the seascreen.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

DianaM wrote:
I have it on good authority ( Officer on Azura at Caribbean lunch last month), that Ramblas will not now be turned into the Glasshouse during the upcoming refit. I tried to press him for the reason, but he was vague/said he didn't know.
Diana
I hope you are right but there seems to be a lot of P&O advertising literature that says the opposite.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I think at the minute there is a lot of hearsay and gossip floating around and it is a case of wait-and-see.

Diana, I have absolutely no idea about your officer, but sometimes I am convinced the officers play little jokes on the passengers by starting off a chinese whisper and seeing how long it takes to spread itself around.

It reminds me of our tour guide at Luxor. he was explaining the intricacies of the Karnak temple when every so often a tourist would come towards us and do several laps around a particular stone before touching it and walking off. The tour guide told us that was a joke they played on the Russians .. they told them that it was a fertility stone and that they had to do so many laps and then touch it and then they would have many children ... so the 'game' Ruskies played along. We ask what jokes they played on the British tourists ... he told us we would have to come back as a Russian tourist to find out :-).

Denarius
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Denarius »

SeaScreens very much divide opinion, with some people loving them and others regarding them as intrusive. They are very much a Princess signature feature, like Royal Carib's Horizon lounge and climbing wall, and as Carnival obviously regard P&O as a subsidiary of Princess I expect all new P&O ships to have one. Interestingly, on another site the MD of Celebrity did a question and answer session and one issue raised was seascreens. Most contributors were against and the MD replied the Celebrity had no plans to introduce them.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

It is probably a case that no matter what you do or what facilities a cruise line introduces, there will always be someone that will use it as an excuse to whine and moan about it.

Return to “About Ventura”