Life on Regal Princess - ITV

Anything about Princess cruises

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Life on Regal Princess - ITV

Post by Ray B »

I like to watch the Cruise Ship just for a chance to see the interiors, below and above decks. The 'cast' as DK points out, are just an annoyance. It's a chance to see what other ships have in decor, dining,theatre and parts of the ship off limits.
Some people must love the cr***y 'cast', but to my way of thinking filming the show with normal (what ever normal is) staff and passengers (not the 24/7 moaners) and show the goings on of the ship in normal light, will do more for the company and for future cruisers. But maybe my thinking is wrong.
Whilst conversing with passengers I have met on board, some that seem to have spent years cruising to all corners of the world,and I find it interesting listening to some of their stories, but I have never come across anyone bragging, unlike the two yanks on The Cruise ship that come over as 'look at us and all the cruises we have been on' big turn off.
So like the series Mega Ships and now Cruise Ship, the Ship is the star.

Ray
Don't worry, be happy

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Ray B wrote:
I like to watch the Cruise Ship just for a chance to see the interiors, below and above decks. The 'cast' as DK points out, are just an annoyance. It's a chance to see what other ships have in decor, dining,theatre and parts of the ship off limits.
Some people must love the cr***y 'cast', but to my way of thinking filming the show with normal (what ever normal is) staff and passengers (not the 24/7 moaners) and show the goings on of the ship in normal light, will do more for the company and for future cruisers. But maybe my thinking is wrong.
Whilst conversing with passengers I have met on board, some that seem to have spent years cruising to all corners of the world,and I find it interesting listening to some of their stories, but I have never come across anyone bragging, unlike the two yanks on The Cruise ship that come over as 'look at us and all the cruises we have been on' big turn off
So like the series Mega Ships and now Cruise Ship, the Ship is the star.

This is why we watched as well, to hopefully see what the decor is like and the entertainment as well!
Also we are going on this ship in September, we booked for the itinerary as it is going to New England and Canada, we have added extra nights in New York. We have been able to get direct flights from Edinburgh that makes it easy. With P&O it's 24nights, so it has to be a different company. We have sailed with Princess before but it was a few years ago on Emerald Princess and enjoyed it.
It shall be something different! We were on Adonia in January so one extreme to another:)

Ray

JanieMBEA
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by JanieMBEA »

Aw it's a pity you refer to the cast as 'cr***y' Ray. My daughter is one of them; however in my opinion she is beautiful, hard working and not at all cr***y :( rather like the beautiful Princess ships she sails :P

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

A warm welcome to the forum, Janie
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

JanieMBEA wrote:
Aw it's a pity you refer to the cast as 'cr***y' Ray. My daughter is one of them; however in my opinion she is beautiful, hard working and not at all cr***y :( rather like the beautiful Princess ships she sails :P
Which ship is she on?

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Post by gfwgfw »

qbman1 wrote:
I know but people actually seem to watch this tosh - must be popular somewhere to "merit" a 3rd series !

Hey Ho !

The Giant and his Ferrets are quite at ease viewing this "prog"

But, not as entertaining as "The Archers"

Lubbooo all :wave:

Graham
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

JanieMBEA, I am sorry , it was not intended in a nasty way. Not all the cast are bad and I am sure your daughter is as you say, and more. I wish her every success.

Ray
Don't worry, be happy

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Dark Knight wrote:

Thank God our upcoming cruise in May, will be our last for some considerable time

I hope the reason behind this is good news!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Ray B wrote:
JanieMBEA, I am sorry , it was not intended in a nasty way. Not all the cast are bad and I am sure your daughter is as you say, and more. I wish her every success.

Ray
I only have experience of P&O and, whilst I accept that not everyone may like the Headliner's shows, I always think that the vast majority of the cast are incredibly talented, versatile and hard-working. I am sure many are capable of going on to bigger things.

Now, I wonder how Ellen is....!!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Still in therapy

Return to “Princess”