Arcadia cruises 2016

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Melsea's 1st Half World Cruise, Arcadia 2016 Part 1

Post by melsea »

Melsea's 1st Half World Cruise, Arcadia 2016 Part 1

So it's almost time for our first ever half world cruise, although as you know it has always been full world ones.
We received our very platinum, gold rimmed Chinese Visas, well they should be considering how much they are, a couple of weeks ago. Yippee let the excitement begin, with how do I now pack for this fly/cruise trip. Well you start by trying on the clothes you hope still fit you since one has put on half a stone. Been to our local club for three weeks to do something about it, which in my case consisted of 6 Ab, bums & tums classes, 3 Body Conditioning classes and 6 RPM (spin bike) classes, yes I lost 2 pounds and toned up at the same time. The clothes did fit before the exercise and will now fit even better.
So for the last week I had been gathering the clothes and various other paraphernalia that goes with preparing for a trip. Flying Virgin Airlines, baggage allowance is 23Kg, we will both be taking an extra case each which will incur a charge. The pleasures of flying huh. Hand luggage with stuff I won't put into checkin and surprisingly the weight of this is generous of 10Kg but of course you have to be albe to lift it into the above the overhead cupboard.
E-Tickets at the ready, passports and ourselves.
Next stop Hong Kong for 2 nights. Depending on traffic...

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Melsea's 1st Half World Cruise, Arcadia 2016 Part 1

Post by GillD46 »

Have a good flight and a wonderful trip. I look forward to reading more.
Gill

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Will look forward to your reports as well.

Have a good time.
Lindsey

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Enjoy. You'll be joining my cousin (in-law) and some lovely new best friends we met on board at Christmas. We expect great things from your reports !!

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

qbman1 wrote:
Enjoy. You'll be joining my cousin (in-law) and some lovely new best friends we met on board at Christmas. We expect great things from your reports !!
No pressure then..
I would imagine there will be quite a turnaround at this port. Aurora is there today having arrived yesterday. Arcadia has just 1 day in port.

Belle53
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Belle53 »

Hope you have a great trip, looking forward to reading about it.

Return to “Arcadia Cruises 2016”