Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Another question..

Post by suespud »

Boris+ wrote:
Hi Sue,

The Berengaria on QV was ok, and the Charles on QE was ok, but apart from that we had 'issues'. We had both of those suites several times (hence my liking of the aft suites), however as my old lap top blew up a couple of months back, I don't have the records of the various suite numbers any more, and the faults have probably been rectified now anyway, so my records wouldn't be relevant (hopefully). I can say though that we mainly used Decks 7 and 8 on QV and QE (apart from the Charles), and usually Decks 9/10 on QM2 I think.

And in regard to the 'compo' situation I mentioned - it should have been done in proportion to the amount paid for the cruise. That would have been fair.
:o Blown up laptop with all the details on...what a disaster.. :roll: hope you had all your important files backed up.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Boris+ wrote:
And in regard to the 'compo' situation I mentioned - it should have been done in proportion to the amount paid for the cruise. That would have been fair.
Passengers who could not afford the posh cabins but who were equally inconvenienced may disagree! :tired:

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Sue,

Yes, important files were nicely backed up, including photos. Stuff like past cruise bookings usually tend to be deleted as soon as we get home, just thankful that I'm a bit old fashioned and always print out reservation/invoices for future cruises.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Stephen wrote:
I was so looking forward to a mud bath fight

Stephen you are naughty but I like you as d**k Emery would have said.

I'm so sorry to disappoint but no mud bath fight :lol: :lol:

I do love these attempts at one-upmanship .. don't you :lol:

I consider we have been very fortunate to have enjoyed quite a lot of Cunard cruises in a suite however the difference between me and 'someone else' is I don't ram suites and butlers down peoples throats nor do I feel the need to continually mention it on a forum as if it makes me 'something special' in fact I don't think I have ever felt the need to mention it ..sorry for mentioning it now :roll:

It's rather like these people who like to give the impression that they live in Downton Abbey then they put their property on the market and you discover via Mr Google they actually live in something quite modest like the rest of us ;)
Jo

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Boris+ wrote:
Passengers who could not afford the posh cabins but who were equally inconvenienced may disagree! :tired:
I certainly would, although we sometimes book the Grills, sometimes normal cabins (sorry, staterooms :lol: ) so perhaps I have a more rounded perspective...

Good old Orwell: "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others".

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

hmmmmmm
image.jpg

very true... :crazy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by suespud on 25 Mar 2016, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I don't agree that compensation for missed ports should be proportional to the amount paid. In my view, paying for more expensive accommodation gives one a larger cabin, a separate restaurant and a few other minor perks, but other than that, everyone should be treated fairly and equally.
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Dancing Queen wrote:
It's rather like these people who like to give the impression that they live in Downton Abbey then they put their property on the market and you discover via Mr Google they actually live in something quite modest like the rest of us ;)
Come on ... I know darn well that you don't live in a caravan :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Dancing Queen wrote:
Stephen wrote:

I consider we have been very fortunate to have enjoyed quite a lot of Cunard cruises in a suite however the difference between me and 'someone else' is I don't ram suites and butlers down peoples throats nor do I feel the need to continually mention it on a forum as if it makes me 'something special' in fact I don't think I have ever felt the need to mention it ..sorry for mentioning it now :roll:

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Dancing Queen wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Well you've lost me. I thought it was Sue who went on about living in absolute splendour in Windsor?

So, who if somebody makes a big 'thing' of being in a suite - so what? For me - it's just a fact. I must admit though if ever I was going to go Trans Atlantic, I'd be sorely tempted to go for a nice snug inside cabin! Yip - I'm a wimp! On one cruise we had we got criticised by the Mrs Bucket of the cruise because we admitted we were very happy to go to the self service buffet for lunch instead of being waited on hand and foot in the relevant restaurant. We didn't want to be fussed over, we just wanted something plain and simple - and not too much of it - so for us the buffet was absolutely great; but we did get 'upbraided' for it by this woman (who was a cross between Margo Leadbetter (sp?) and Mrs Bucket!).

Anyway this is going way off topic, can we just get back on track a bit?

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Manoverboard wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
Come on ... I know darn well that you don't live in a caravan :lol:
Ohhh shucks !! did you really have to post that Moby now everyone knows I'm not as 'posh' as I led them to believe :lol: :lol:
Jo

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Surely if something goes wrong, such as a port missed, the inconvenience/disappointment is the same for all so the OBC should be the same?
Precisely :thumbup:
Jo

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Boris+ wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Well you've lost me. I thought it was Sue who went on about living in absolute splendour in Windsor?

So, who if somebody makes a big 'thing' of being in a suite - so what? For me - it's just a fact. I must admit though if ever I was going to go Trans Atlantic, I'd be sorely tempted to go for a nice snug inside cabin! Yip - I'm a wimp! On one cruise we had we got criticised by the Mrs Bucket of the cruise because we admitted we were very happy to go to the self service buffet for lunch instead of being waited on hand and foot in the relevant restaurant. We didn't want to be fussed over, we just wanted something plain and simple - and not too much of it - so for us the buffet was absolutely great; but we did get 'upbraided' for it by this woman (who was a cross between Margo Leadbetter (sp?) and Mrs Bucket!).

image.jpg
Do you mean this splendid building?

Yeah we did live in there for over 2 years...in one of the apartments.
Fab building...but it wasnt our home.
Like Jo said, we live in an ordinary victorian terrace.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Dancing Queen wrote:
You've not seen my castle then! :)

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Boris+ wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
Stephen wrote:

I'm so sorry to disappoint but no mud bath fight.

I do love these attempts at one-upmanship .. don't you.

I think you'll find Sue never gave the impression she lived in absolute splendour in Windsor she did however live in a very nice apartment there but never misled anyone into thinking it was anything other than a rented property.

No-one is questioning what is just a fact Boris what I would question is the need to tell everyone .. does one think it somehow makes them better than someone else :roll:

Things do have a tendency to occasionally go off topic but stay with it, it will get back on track eventually :clap:
Jo

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
No but I know the area well as my husband is from that neck of the woods so I'm sure he will have come across it as there are not too many castles around :shh: :silent:
Jo

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
as in Elephant and ....?
Meg
x

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

2016-03-25-21-12-46-1582514906.jpeg

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:

Only the sand castle
Last edited by Stephen on 26 Mar 2016, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

And the tide is coming in.......

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Fully air conditioned, open plan, unobstructed views...................
Aizkraukle_castle_ruins_(2).jpg
:lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Nothing a lick of paint can't put right. That's if your into licking paint

Topic author
suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

Stephen wrote:
And some bendy MDF :lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

suespud wrote:
Stephen wrote:
And some bendy MDF :lol:

The way you put it almost makes it sound erotic Sue, or is that just me :)

Return to “P&O”