Aqaba and Wadi Rum

Cruising destinations in any other parts of the world

Topic author
Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Aqaba and Wadi Rum

Post by Solent Richard »

Most cruisers immediately equate a port call to Aqaba with Petra, primarily because of its UNESCO World Heritage Site status.

For those already lucky enough to have made a visit to Petra there is of course, in my opinion, an equally interesting place that isn't half the journey that Petra is.

That place is of course Wadi Rum, made famous by the exploits of one of our national heroes, Lawrence of Arabia.

For any reader interested in what Wadi Rum holds I am delighted to provide a link to a review of a visit my wife and I undertook...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/20 ... m-edition/

There are some 30 photographs in the review including yours truly taking a camel ride.

Our private tour included a visit to and opportunity to experience what had to be a great sand boarding venue...

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Aqaba and Wadi Rum

Post by Boris+ »

This is on our schedule for 2017 - but DH wants to go to Petra. I'm not too keen, mainly because of how long it takes to get there; but he want's to go there, so that's decided.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

You can do a "Wadi Run" anywhere but there is only one Petra

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

david63 wrote:
You can do a "Wadi Run" anywhere but there is only one Petra
Very true David and one of my most memorable excursions - quite an extraordinary experience :thumbup:
Janis

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

We are calling at Jordon in 2017 and intend to visit Petra. It may be a long journey but from everyone has reported so worth while. At least we have a number of sea days after that call to relax.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Suekersh wrote:
We are calling at Jordon in 2017 and intend to visit Petra. It may be a long journey but from everyone has reported so worth while. At least we have a number of sea days after that call to relax.
Is that going to be on a cruise or are you doing a fly holiday? We've got this planned in to our diary for next year too! Still undecided.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Boris+ wrote:
Suekersh wrote:
Is that going to be on a cruise or are you doing a fly holiday? We've got this planned in to our diary for next year too! Still undecided.
It is on our Arcadia World cruise which departs 2 Jan 2017. We don't reach Jordon though until the 14 April. Just hope I haven't put so much weight on that I can't do the trek.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

That sounds fantastic. Have a truly amazing and wonderful time. I'll be thinking of you.

Return to “Rest of the World”