Aurora

Discussions about anything related to Aurora

Topic author
Silver service
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Aurora

Post by Silver service »

Let me be the first, to mention my favourite pando ship. Medium size, easy to get around,
For all. Sometimes my favourite captain, Neil turnbul. Really friendly, with a few catch phrases!
Those who sailed with him will know them! They are used daily! June 4 will see myself and
Wife back on 14 nights Norway and Iceland.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Aurora

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Our favourite too, for much the same reasons. Though we have also fallen for Azura. Though bigger and not so pretty in a ship sort of sense, we have found much of the same atmosphere about her. Our favourite bar in the world has to be Aurora's Crow's Nest

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

After listening to all the hype we booked a World Cruise segment during 2012 on Aurora ... the itinerary was fantastic but the ship was past her sell by date in too many ways for us to share your enthusiasm.

A re-fit is long overdue imo but if carried out I will rejoice with you and book another cruise on this ship, itinerary permitting of course.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Turn away Turnbull is by no means our favourite captain. Missing four ports on two cruises means that weary to avoid any cruise on which he is in charge. He pays too much attention to the potential thret of poor weather for our liking.

jemgee
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by jemgee »

We enjoyed our first P&O cruise (Southampton to San Francisco leg 2013). We were not troubled by any breakdowns and I think the ship is in generally pretty good condition except for the failed double glazed windows around the crows nest and in the orangery. Does anyone know when/if a refit is planned?

Anne D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Anne D »

Aurora is my favourite P&O ship. Love the way it is designed inside and the Cafe Bordeaux { i think that is what it is called} is great as an alternative venue for breakfasts and lunches.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Agree on Cafe B for breakfast. Waiter service and uncrowded without having to get up early.

Return to “About Aurora”