Arcadia to the Baltic July 16 Part one

Reports about cruises on Arcadia

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Arcadia to the Baltic July 16 Part one

Post by Whynd1 »

Good journey down to Southampton having been collected by mini bus at 8am arrived at about 1pm. No queue went straight through the priority channel and straight up to the check in desk. No queue through security and was on board by 1.30 pm. Was aiming to go the lunch but our cabins were ready and all my suitcases had arrived so I unpacked whilst I waited for my friends to arrive. Muster was delayed by half an hour in order to wait for all the coaches s there had been a bad accident near Winchester and they had been delayed.

Table for 8 for first sitting dinner the 4 of us girls and two other couples, we got on well all cruise.

Wednesday 20th was a sea day with lots of talks on Faberge and St Petersburg. Formal evening with the Captains drinks reception by the pool with the roof closed. Had the Marco menu this evening.

Thursday 21st Copenhagen

We did not dock until 1030am this morning. Went off on the shuttle bus into Copenhagen and walked down to the Nyhaven area which is by the canals and was very busy, lots of bars and cafes and some nice shops. Up to the Amalienborg palace to see the changing of the guard and then back to Nyhaven for a drink and some lovely Danish cake. Quite reasonably priced and then got the shuttle back to the boat.

Friday 22nd July Sea day. A bit windy but sunny s o sat outside on the prom deck and then went to the port talk on Tallin. Did the music quiz, we all like the quizzes and are quite competitive. It was another formal evening and the dress codes so far have been well adhered to with lots of full length frocks in evidence.

Saturday 23rd July Stockholm

Set off and caught the ho ho water bus which was 180 sek. Brilliant thing to do and we got on and off at out leisure and never waited more than 5 mins for one. You can find this just 5 mins from the ship and everything is well signposted.

Firstly we went off into Gamla Stan and to the royal palace and had a good look round then wandered the streets of Gamla Stan very interesting and had a coffee and purchased some chocolates only to find some of my 50 kroner notes were just out of date they had changed at the end of June so paid by card instead. Then we caught the boat and went to the Abba museum which you have to pay by card for to get in apparently Sweden is aiming to become a cashless society, we did notice in the café however that customers paid by cash. It was 215 sek which on my statement now shows as £19.00. An amazing place with all the original costumes from lots of Eurovision contests and all the original things from Abba costumes, programmes gold records etc including the guitar and costumes from the winning song Waterloo.

We had a glass of fizz on one our friends balcony and watched some of the sailaway through he lovely islands. hen it was off to the Ocean grill for a special meal( it was sons birthday so I had run home to wish him happy birthday) . We enjoyed our meal very much with an amuse bouche of cheese and onion soup, chcicken and avocado salad and we all went for the fillet steak which did not carry a surcharge It was so soft and really tasty. Chocolate dessert and a nice bottle of red meant a really lovely evening and one of the nicest days.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Arcadia to the Baltic July 16 Part one

Post by GillD46 »

Sounding good so far......

Thanks for taking the time to post.
Gill

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

looking forward to the rest of your report, we very much enjoyed our Baltic cruise in May
Nihil Obstat

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote:
was sons birthday so I had run home to wish him happy birthday
Gosh, you must have been exhausted :lol:

Looking forward to next instalment - We have enjoyed 2 Baltic cruises and we would happily return.

Maureen

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”