P&O Summer 2018 Cruises

Topics relating to P&O

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: P&O Summer 2018 Cruises

Post by Kenmo1 »

wolfie wrote:
Go for the cruise which includes Boston; you can see a great deal in NY in 2 days, we did, but Boston is not to be missed
I agree with wolfie on this one.

Maureen

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

david63 wrote:
Looks as if you may be unlucky for 2018 cruises as most will have gone before you can book
Pre-register your interest for our inspiring new cruise collection today

Can’t wait for bookings to open? Reserve your dream holiday by pre-registering now. you can pre-register your interest between 5-14 September. Collection on general sale and available to book from 19 September 2018.
(Source: P&O website 06-09-2016 09:00)
Hmmm. That doesn't seem an over clever sales policy. :crazy:

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Had a peek at Cunard, and their QM Autumn cruise also misses Boston, so it looks very likely that we'll book the 24 night Aurora cruise.

We went to New York about 20 years ago, and would like to revisit, but have never been to Boston, and I'm very keen to visit that city.
Gill

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

That was easy.

Decided that we would like to do USA/Canada so pre registered at 10:00 this morning. Had call from P&O 13:00 today and all done and dusted - just wait for the confirmation in a couple of weeks.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

david63 wrote:
That was easy.

Decided that we would like to do USA/Canada so pre registered at 10:00 this morning. Had call from P&O 13:00 today and all done and dusted - just wait for the confirmation in a couple of weeks.
If you preregister direct with P&O, do you get to choose your cabin? Or just the grade?
Gill

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Dependent on what we afford to do there are a couple of Cunard QE ones which might work for us. 7 nights going to a couple of Spanish ports we've not been to, and 12 going pretty far north in Norway to some ports we've not done in the Arctic Circle.

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Gill W wrote:
david63 wrote:
That was easy.

If you preregister direct with P&O, do you get to choose your cabin? Or just the grade?
When we last did it we chose the cabin and it was confirmed in due course.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Gill W wrote:
david63 wrote:
That was easy.

We were able to choose the cabin (actually gave him four) to which he said that it should not be a problem - the problem can arise if you want a specific cabin. Also, and I have never had this before, we were asked not only what size of table but did we want a "window" table.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I've just filled out the online form for the USA/Canada cruise, so hopefully will get a call back in due course
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Dependent on what we afford to do there are a couple of Cunard QE ones which might work for us. 7 nights going to a couple of Spanish ports we've not been to, and 12 going pretty far north in Norway to some ports we've not done in the Arctic Circle.
We have also looked at that 12 night Norway, and there's a couple of Baltic ones too that have caught our eye.
Gill

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Gill W wrote:
david63 wrote:
That was easy.

Yes you only choose a grade with P&O when pre registering. If you do it through a good cruise TA you can request a cabin. I have always got the exact cabin I wanted doing it this way.

To me one of the advantages of booking through my TA. He usually calls me within half an hour of the bookings opening.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Gill W wrote:
I've just filled out the online form for the USA/Canada cruise, so hopefully will get a call back in due course
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We have also looked at that 12 night Norway, and there's a couple of Baltic ones too that have caught our eye.

We are looking at a couple of Oriana cruises which have a number of new ports, for us. One in the spring and one in the Autumn. We already have a sail out sail back Caribbean booked on Ventura.

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

When pre registering you can book a specific cabin though it's wise to give your TA a few choices either side of you preferred cabin. We have never just given a grade preference, that is just too wide a chance to take.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

wolfie wrote:
When pre registering you can book a specific cabin though it's wise to give your TA a few choices either side of you preferred cabin. We have never just given a grade preference, that is just too wide a chance to take.

We pick the cabin we want but also give our TA some flexibility in that we give him a list. We have always got our first choice. Of course being Baltic helps as we get the first choice.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

daib GC wrote:
you only choose a grade with P&O when pre registering
That may have been the case in the past but most certainly was not the case this week when I pre registered as I was asked which cabin I would like - however until the actual booking is made I don't know if it will work.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

david63 wrote:
daib GC wrote:
you only choose a grade with P&O when pre registering
That may have been the case in the past but most certainly was not the case this week when I pre registered as I was asked which cabin I would like - however until the actual booking is made I don't know if it will work.

I think you have more chance if you want a standard cabins but when you need an adapted one or a suite the TA has an advantage. S I understand it the TA's et an hour before P&O are their bookings.

Generally this makes little difference for most cruises but special ones like Christmas or a maiden it can make a huge difference.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Cheers Dai,
I've registered with my T/A and given them options, any of which will be fine.

Bog standard Med cruise on Ventura C deck, so should be ok I reckon.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

daib GC wrote:
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Gill W wrote:
david63 wrote:
That was easy.

Yes you only choose a grade with P&O when pre registering. If you do it through a good cruise TA you can request a cabin. I have always got the exact cabin I wanted doing it this way.

To me one of the advantages of booking through my TA. He usually calls me within half an hour of the bookings opening.
We did it through a Personal Cruise Consultant at P&O and specified the cabin number and got it, and that was for the Britannia Maiden

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

barney wrote:
Cheers Dai,
I've registered with my T/A and given them options, any of which will be fine.

Bog standard Med cruise on Ventura C deck, so should be ok I reckon.

:thumbup:

Return to “P&O”