R621 Christmas Markets Cruise 6-16 December

Aurora cruises 2016

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

R621 Christmas Markets Cruise 6-16 December

Post by CaroleF »

We have only just booked this cruise - most unusual for us to book a cruise this near to the sailing date. It's my rather large birthday in December and as I took John away for a week for his in February I was keen to know what he suggested for mine. It turned out to be that he had thought about it and told me he'd thought about a weekend in a hotel in North Wales - now I am not intending to be disparaging about Wales, North or South. We have had some lovely times, particularly in South Wales where we have a friend living and where our eldest daughter went to University in Cardiff. However, North Wales in December didn't thrill me. John asked if I had any thoughts so I mentioned this 10 day cruise which goes to Hamburg, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam overnight and Bruges. Added to which Aurora will be decorated for Christmas and it will be lovely to be away just before Christmas. Much to my surprise I was told, "well if that's what you'd really like"! So really looking forward to this. I was surprised that we have got a good amount of OBC - £260 each plus free CPS parking. I didn't think this near the sailing date we would get as much as that.
We've only been on Aurora once a couple of years ago, before her refit, for a three night cruise just to see what Aurora was like as she was one ship we'd never been on. We liked her very much, reminded us of a bigger version of Adonia. It will be interesting to see the changes following the refit, apart from the fact that I really liked Cafe Bordeaux and the wonderful library, both gone now I think. Still I know we'll still have a great time.

Carole

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: R621 Christmas Markets Cruise 6-16 December

Post by Dancing Queen »

I've just been reading your other thread Carole, you could always tag Xmas on to that plus if you did you would get a further 10% off both .. I assume P&O still do this.

Ooops I meant to post this on the Xmas Gift thread.
Jo

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

This is a lovely cruise Carole and one we've done 2/3 times having tagged it on to the Xmas cruise.

You have some lovely ports and whilst you might have done some of them before can I suggest Tivoli in Copenhagen it is very different at this time of year to how it is in the summer months, Hamburg is absolutely wonderful with such a great atmosphere everywhere you go in fact I wish I were doing this cruise too.
Jo

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Dancing Queen wrote:
you would get a further 10% off both .. I assume P&O still do this.
Yes they do - just as long as the cruise is four nights or more

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Agree about going to the Tivoli Gardens on this cruise, in the dark of course via a P&O excursion.

Hamburg at Xmas is OK but we're none too impressed ... would suggest a trip to beautiful Luneburg instead.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

CaroleF wrote:
We have only just booked this cruise - most unusual for us to book a cruise this near to the sailing date. It's my rather large birthday in December and as I took John away for a week for his in February I was keen to know what he suggested for mine. It turned out to be that he had thought about it and told me he'd thought about a weekend in a hotel in North Wales - now I am not intending to be disparaging about Wales, North or South. We have had some lovely times, particularly in South Wales where we have a friend living and where our eldest daughter went to University in Cardiff. However, North Wales in December didn't thrill me. John asked if I had any thoughts so I mentioned this 10 day cruise which goes to Hamburg, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam overnight and Bruges. Added to which Aurora will be decorated for Christmas and it will be lovely to be away just before Christmas. Much to my surprise I was told, "well if that's what you'd really like"! So really looking forward to this. I was surprised that we have got a good amount of OBC - £260 each plus free CPS parking. I didn't think this near the sailing date we would get as much as that.
We've only been on Aurora once a couple of years ago, before her refit, for a three night cruise just to see what Aurora was like as she was one ship we'd never been on. We liked her very much, reminded us of a bigger version of Adonia. It will be interesting to see the changes following the refit, apart from the fact that I really liked Cafe Bordeaux and the wonderful library, both gone now I think. Still I know we'll still have a great time.

Carole
Shouldn't you be at home to receive the telegram from Her Majesty ?!

We love Aurora since the re-fit. I know a lot of people miss Cafe Bordeaux but we really like the Glass House. I'm sure you will have a great time, Carole

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Older I may be but not that old! We are already booked on the Ventura Canaries cruise which goes on 2nd January so I think doing a Christmas cruise as well this year might be over-egging it a bit - that's what my husband would think anyway. This December one was certainly and extra - don't think John has realised that there will only be 17 days between the two cruises. I will hardly need to unpack!

Carole

Return to “Aurora Cruises 2016”