Woman in Black

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Woman in Black

Post by oldbluefox »

We saw this many moons ago when it was touring and decided to see it again at the Fortune Theatre in London. We managed to get half price tickets from the little hut in Leicester Square and were sat just five rows from the front. The play was just as gripping as we had remembered it. The film was good but this was equal to it with a gradual build up of tension and dread for what is to follow which keeps you on the edge of your seats. An excellent evening!!

Going to the theatre seems to have changed though. There was a couple sat a couple of rows in front of us who, for want of going into detail would have been better spending their money on a hotel room for the evening. Another couple arrived with a couple of drinks apiece and then got up half way through the performance to go to the loo (I presume) and return with replenishments. Needless to say they were sat on the front row so must have been noticed by the actors.
These were the third seats they had tried, having been moved twice before when the rightful claimants to their seats arrived. Is this the way London theatre has evolved?

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Re: Woman in Black

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote:
We saw this many moons ago when it was touring and decided to see it again at the Fortune Theatre in London. We managed to get half price tickets from the little hut in Leicester Square and were sat just five rows from the front. The play was just as gripping as we had remembered it. The film was good but this was equal to it with a gradual build up of tension and dread for what is to follow which keeps you on the edge of your seats. An excellent evening!!

Going to the theatre seems to have changed though. There was a couple sat a couple of rows in front of us who, for want of going into detail would have been better spending their money on a hotel room for the evening. Another couple arrived with a couple of drinks apiece and then got up half way through the performance to go to the loo (I presume) and return with replenishments. Needless to say they were sat on the front row so must have been noticed by the actors.
These were the third seats they had tried, having been moved twice before when the rightful claimants to their seats arrived. Is this the way London theatre has evolved?

Hi foxy....sadly I think its the sign of the times....I haven't seen Woman in Black in either film or theatre but if as you describe the production is full of suspense the last thing you want to see is people popping off for a pee and snacks during the performance... dam right rude if you ask me.

….....

As for the couple making out in the front row it only goes to prove my point ...it was always the back row in my days :lol:

:wave:

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Woman in Black

Post by david63 »

By coincidence the film is on Film 4 on Tuesday (11th October) at 23:20

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”