The Missing 2

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

The Missing 2

Post by anneed »

So who else is as gripped by The Missing 2 as I am? Brilliant plot so confusing you never know which bit of seemingly irrelevant information is going to turn out to be a major clue. I enjoyed the first Missing with James Nesbit but that had an ambiguous ending. This time the writers have promised there will be no doubts as to what happened and why.

For those who are managing to stay on the roller-coaster (yes, you know what I'm referring to) I'm currently thinking that Sam Webster was the 'Third Man' in the events of 1991 and the girl now revealed to be Sophie is stringing the evil press liaision officer along because he is holding the little girl hostage. Not sure whether the child will turn out to be Sophie's daughter or Alice's.

What are your theories?

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: The Missing 2

Post by qbman1 »

It's very good - but it's as much as I can manage to work out what year we are in !

The Daily Wail did a good resume of the plot and characters yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... alike.html

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Definitely a series one has to concentrate on to keep up. We usually record and watch it later so we can rewind if we get lost. Which is often.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

We do that with most things but the first series attracted so much interest in the media, we found if you don't watch it on the day it is broadcast then the papers and tv give everything away the following day. We therefore record it and watch it with a brief delay (just in case one of us falls asleep or the cat brings a mouse in !)

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

qbman1 wrote:
It's very good - but it's as much as I can manage to work out what year we are in !

The Daily Wail did a good resume of the plot and characters yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... alike.html
That Mail article was definitely a useful reminder of all the twists and turns to date.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I know, there was even some stuff in there that had passed me by when it was shown ! I often find a plot like that needs some idiot notes.

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

qbman1 wrote:
We do that with most things but the first series attracted so much interest in the media, we found if you don't watch it on the day it is broadcast then the papers and tv give everything away the following day. We therefore record it and watch it with a brief delay (just in case one of us falls asleep or the cat brings a mouse in !)
Have you got a zoo down there Cubie ?, rabbits, rats and now a cat that brings mice in.

We used to have a cat that would bring rabbits in from the fields, it was sad really because I had to let my ferret go as he caught less rabbits than the cat.

Back on subject what is this "Missing 2" I seem to have missed ? am I missing something good ?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

In a word Raybo, yes

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Post by gfwgfw »

This "yarn" is confusing the Giant and Ferrets

But we are toughly in touch with the excellent "The Crown" Currently showing on Netflix

Lubboo all :wave:

Graham
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Raybosailor wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
Have you got a zoo down there Cubie ?, rabbits, rats and now a cat that brings mice in.

We used to have a cat that would bring rabbits in from the fields, it was sad really because I had to let my ferret go as he caught less rabbits than the cat.

Back on subject what is this "Missing 2" I seem to have missed ? am I missing something good ?
My real name is Dr Dolittle !

Where have you been, Raymondo ? The Missing is 6 weeks in and been attracting all sorts of publicity. Television may not have reached Nottingham yet. Ask one of the Missionaries - they might know.
Last edited by qbman1 on 18 Nov 2016, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

qbman1 wrote:
Raybosailor wrote:
qbman1 wrote:

My real name is Dr Dolittle !

Where have you been, Raymondo ? The Missing is 6 weeks in and been attracting all sorts of publicity. Television may not have reached Nottingham yet. Ask one of the Missionaries - they might know.
If its on after the 21:00 watershed Cubie I am usually asleep in the chair mate, I am an early riser but the batteries run out about this time.
This is one of the only problems when on a cruise ship because I still get up early but stay awake until the entertainment finishes.
If you ever want to find me on a ship I am usually the only one in the tea making area of the buffet at about 05:00, I go there so as not to wake the Duchess up who is completely the opposite.
If the "Missing" is six weeks in its hardly worth me staying awake now is it ?

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

It's very aptly titled then, if you're Missing it !

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”