QM2 World Cruise 2018

Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

QM2 World Cruise 2018

Post by GillD46 »

Just booked Singapore (my favourite city) to Southampton on QM2 (our favourite ship) We had thought of doing longer, perhaps from Sydney, but for various reasons, prefer to be away no longer than six weeks at the moment. Don't want to wish my life away, but really looking forward to it, as there are several different ports from when we did the same voyage three years ago.
Gill

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: QM2 World Cruise 2018

Post by Gill W »

Hi Gill, sounds like a lovely cruise to look forward to, and it'll soon come round.

In 5 weeks time I will be in Singapore, waiting to board Aurora. We booked this nearly 2 years ago, and I cant believe it's so close. We will be on board for about 6 weeks, until San Francisco. It's very much a trip of a lifetime for us, so very much looking forward to it.
Gill

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We have posted at the same time!

I am assuming you go via Sydney? What a great way to do it. Will you be posting a bit as you go? I do love reading all the World Cruise reports.
Gill

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I normally do a diary on my iPad, and post everything when I get home.

But this time I'm not sure what I'll do.

Part of me wants to keep the diary as it'll be good to look at in later years. But last year, when I was on a 5 week cruise I felt a bit bogged down doing a diary for such a long period and I got a bit fed up with it.

I think I'll decide nearer the time
Gill

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Gill W

Have a great cruise on my favourite ship. We have friends on board at the moment.
As to writing a diary, I can relate to what you say. As you have an ipad and I have one too. I can recommend you download an app called Day One. This is the one I use. The way I use it is to sometimes do a complete entry but more often than not I just bullet point things from the day. As a tip, do write the date in the body of the page as I find that with going through time zones the diary gets a little bit confused, this tends to happen more if you do change the zones on your ipad. Also if I can't remember things I refer to my extensive photos I have taken wheather on the ipad or the camera. I then copy and paste into pages where I then actually write it up. I dont know how adepth you are with your ipad but I also recommend the use of a keypad that attaches the ipad. A lot easier to do things on the ipad. Anyway have a fab and fun time. Look forward to seeing your reports.
Melsea

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We have now added on Hong Kong to Singapore as well, and because we can use our VA miles to fly to HKG (with 3x32kgs pp baggage allowance) that makes the whole 40 night trip cheaper than if we did the original 35 nights :clap:

A win win situation for us :lol:
Gill

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

GillD46 wrote:
We have now added on Hong Kong to Singapore as well, and because we can use our VA miles to fly to HKG (with 3x32kgs pp baggage allowance) that makes the whole 40 night trip cheaper than if we did the original 35 nights :clap:

A win win situation for us :lol:
Makes sense :thumbup:
Gill

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

melsea wrote:
Gill W

Have a great cruise on my favourite ship. We have friends on board at the moment.
As to writing a diary, I can relate to what you say. As you have an ipad and I have one too. I can recommend you download an app called Day One. This is the one I use. The way I use it is to sometimes do a complete entry but more often than not I just bullet point things from the day. As a tip, do write the date in the body of the page as I find that with going through time zones the diary gets a little bit confused, this tends to happen more if you do change the zones on your ipad. Also if I can't remember things I refer to my extensive photos I have taken wheather on the ipad or the camera. I then copy and paste into pages where I then actually write it up. I dont know how adepth you are with your ipad but I also recommend the use of a keypad that attaches the ipad. A lot easier to do things on the ipad. Anyway have a fab and fun time. Look forward to seeing your reports.
Melsea
As I get closer to the cruise, I'm feeling more in the mood to keep a diary.

I've re-read a couple of my previous diaries, and it brings back some of the little day to day things, which otherwise may have been forgotten.

I've normally just used the notes app on the iPad, but will take a look at Day One. I think the reason I have got bogged down in the past is that I've typed whole entries when I wasn't entirely in the mood, so doing bullet points and returning later is a great tip.
Gill

Topic author
GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

If it won't eat into your time too much, I for one would love to read anything, however often or otherwise, you are happy to post.

Not long for you now.
Gill

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

GillD46 wrote:
If it won't eat into your time too much, I for one would love to read anything, however often or otherwise, you are happy to post.

Not long for you now.
I agree love to read people's reviews and I hope they like mine :crazy:
It's your holiday do what suits you best.

Return to “Cunard”