Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
Sarah K
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

booking speciality restaurants on Queen Victoria

Post by Sarah K »

Hi
I will be taking my first Cunard cruise in June 2017 and my cruise personaliser has just started allowing me to pre-book the verandah restaurant - which I will do for a couple of evenings.
There does not seem to be any facility to pre-book lunches in the verandah. I understand that the verandah does offer lunches -so do these bookings need to be made on board?

Also I am interested in going for some evening meals in the speciality table-service restaurants they set up in the Lido (Asian, Indian, Steakhouse etc). The cunard website says these are popular and important to book early, but this is not showing at all on my personaliser. Does this have to be done on board? If so, will I need to make all my bookings on first day of cruise?

Thanks for any advice you can give and also your feedback on these speciality restaurants

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: booking speciality restaurants on Queen Victoria

Post by GillD46 »

We have never booked the Verandah, never needed to as the menus don't suit me, so I can't help there sorry.

Regarding the pop up restaurants in the Lido. You are only able to book these once on board - and they are well worth going to, especially Coriander. Visit that Restaurant Manager and he will be able to show which genre is open on each night and copies of the menus, then you can choose what you want. I would recommend booking early in the cruise because each style operates a few days, then changes so if you don't want to miss one, book early.

Enjoy QV, she is a beautiful ship and the Cunard experience is great - it suits us very well indeed.
Last edited by GillD46 on 26 Feb 2017, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
Gill

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: booking speciality restaurants on Queen Victoria

Post by Boris+ »

We've enjoyed the Verandah several times, on both QV and QE - be prepared to walk away feeling really 'full'. We found on the first Verandah dinner we had that having all the courses was a 'bit of an indulgence', and from that point on we normally just go for main course and pud. We also found the menu to be very 'french' - it does what it says on the label. But, the food is superb, the service is superb, and it's not rushed - not rushed at all.

We've got to wait until later in 2017 to get back there, but we're looking forward to it. I don't think however that we would go to the Verandah more than once a week; but have a great trip, and enjoy all that wonderful experience.

Return to “Cunard”