AZURA A322N 7th September

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Topic author
arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

AZURA A322N 7th September

Post by arrbee »

Who else is going on this great cruise which takes in Istanbul and the Black Sea?

We started out on it last year but only got as far as Oporto before we had to return home abruptly. We read about all the fun they had via the Cruise Reports / blogs (thank you Flora, Brenda, Caryl, Billy and Barnaby!) so decided to try again.
Rhona

Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Re: AZURA A322N 7th September

Post by Wendy F »

Me and Steve my hubby will be joining you Rhona, first time on Azura for us. 8-)

Topic author
arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Wendy
My OH really like Azura and although we know a lot of people think it's too big and crowded we love the choices a bigger ship gives you. The cabins are much nicer too - well, much better than Oceana which was our last cruise.
Hopefully others will join us ...
Rhona

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Hi Rhona
Nice to meet you on Oceana, look forward to meeting you again on Azura in September!! Doreen

Topic author
arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Good to hear from you Doreen and as you can see I've been using the link you forwarded to me! Can't make up our minds whether to do Oceana again next year, but certainly looking forward to Azura.
Rhona

Topic author
arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

NIGHT OUT IN ISTANBUL

Post by arrbee »

Wendy and anybody else on this cruise,
This evening I emailed Sultanas with an enquiry about going there when we're in Istanbul. You may have read about it on the various blogs live from Azura last year and it seemed to be a great night, so if anybody's interested I don't mind booking it. Details are:

http://www.sultanas-nights.com/specials ... assangers/

If you’re embarking on a cruise that will stop at Istanbul, you will have very little time to organise a must-see dinner and Turkish show night after disembarking. But fear not, because Sultana’s is offering you a very special package that you can book up in advance for your group, no matter how small or large. Following on from the wonderful experiences our previous cruise ship customers have had in the past, we’re offering you some great extras.

The Internet Exclusive Menu
Free return transportation from and to the port
After the show (for groups of 12 or more);
A night photo tour of the Sultanahmet and Haghia Sophia
or
A trip across the Bosphorus Bridge to Asia and back

Just reply via this thread if you're interested and anybody on the cruise, whether or not they've joined this roll call will be welcome! I've also posted it on another website where a few people had already mentioned it so hopefully there will be 12 of us to get the free tour.

Rhona

Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wendy F »

Hi Rhona
Sorry I haven't been in touch for ages but I have been back and forwards to UK. My sister passed away a couple of weeks ago so I have had other things on my mind.
Must admit I haven't thought about the holiday for ages but I got an email from Thomas Cook yesterday to say the final payment is due next week :o couldn't believe it has come round so quickly.
Think I better get my act together and start looking at all things holiday!!!!
Think we must be the only ones on this cruise :lol: thought there would have been lots of post to catch up on, but not a one!!!! Hopefully a few more people will post soon.
Wendy xx

FLORAw
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by FLORAw »

You are not getting the ship to yourselves ----I an going also !! I was on last year when Rhona had sadly to go home !!!
It was a great cruise !!

Condolences to you on the death of your sister !! looking forward to meeting you -----------------regards Flora x

Topic author
arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Wendy F wrote:
Hi Rhona
Sorry I haven't been in touch for ages but I have been back and forwards to UK. My sister passed away a couple of weeks ago so I have had other things on my mind.
Really sorry to hear about your sister Wendy. It must have been a difficult time, made harder by all the to-ing and fro-ing you've had to do. Hope you'll be able to enjoy your holiday when it comes round.

We had our reminder from P&O this morning so we're due to pay on 9th June. We just got back yesterday from a driving holiday in Germany. It's so much harder work than relaxing on a cruise and probably the last time we'll do anything like that. Now we can think about this cruise but we cruise to rest and have fun so we won't do too many excursions other than we will definitely explore Istanbul. Olly Smith is onboard for the cruise so we'll also want to do one of his tasting events in The Glass House. He was on a previous cruise we did on Azura but we didn't get the chance to go so will book quicker this time.

Are we having a 5 o'clock club Flora? We hope so.

Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wendy F »

Hi Just to let you know the shore excursions are on your personaliser. :P

Wendy

Topic author
arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Wendy, It's a shame things are so quiet here but there's a roll call on CC which is a little bit more active. I've organised a night out in Istanbul if you're interested. There's about 10 people signed up for that so far, and there's also someone organising some private excursions and there's going to be a 5 o'clock club.... courtesy of lovely Flora. Not sure if I'm allowed to say about another site so this post might be taken down!

We've booked one excursion to the Terraced Houses at Ephesus but we won't be doing many. We'll probably do our own thing in most ports, mainly because we like to pace ourselves a bit more these days and have a leisurely breakfast before we set off anywhere. We're not used to all the late nights we have on the cruise!!

Hope you're Ok
Rhona

Wendy F
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wendy F »

Hi Rhona
yes I am ok thanks. It is very quiet on here isn't it!!!
We have booked an excursion in Athens, the same one we booked a couple of years ago which was cancelled due to a strike. Fingers crossed it will be ok this time. This is the only excursion we have booked at the moment, think we may 'do it yourself' at most ports.
On Wednesday I am over in the UK for 2 weeks visiting family, really looking forward to that, and I will be doing a bit of cruise shopping ready for September.
Hope you are ok and starting to get ready for the cruise.

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Hi Wendy,

Hope you are going to buy a few pairs of shoes when you go to do your cruise shopping!! :D How are you coping with heels now?

I'm sure you'll like Azura - I enjoyed my mini-break on her earlier this year.

All the best,

Michele

Topic author
arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Hi Wendy
Hope you're enjoying your stay in the UK. I was shopping in Edinburgh today getting bits and pieces for the cruise but we've tried not to buy too much as we travel down by Southampton by train and we don't want to have too much luggage to move around.
I was very pleased to get the email today saying that our original timings have been reinstated for Lisbon and Athens. I think P&O took so much flak about the changes they've made to a few cruises recently that they were left with no option. People power!!
The other site is a bit busier than this one and there's a meet and greet / 5 o'clock club etc. Did you know Neil Oliver is the CD and I can't remember the name of the captain but apparently he's high profile round the ship which is always good. Flora was on Azura recently and said she had a great time and the ents team were in good form.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”