Aurora - Spain/Italy/Croatia Part 1

Reports about cruises on Aurora

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aurora - Spain/Italy/Croatia Part 1

Post by david63 »

I'm surprised that they did not want the receipts - mine certainly did, but again they paid up within a week or so.

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

david63 wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 09:33
I'm surprised that they did not want the receipts - mine certainly did, but again they paid up within a week or so.
He was too - she asked for all his bank details and said the money would be transferred within three days but with the weekend I imagine it would take a little longer.
Janis

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

qbman1 wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 09:18
Calm down, calm down - only joking !!

I would have been just a little twitchy in his shoes (forgive the pun !) because he was aware of a problem (although it wasn't properly diagnosed) prior to embarkation and did not disclose it to the insurers.

Yes, to any right-thinking person, the insurance should cover the costs but I am sure there are some less scrupulous companies out there who would not pay up
Okay okay - you should know not to wind Blod up - she'll set the dragons on you :lolno:
Janis

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Jan Rosser wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 09:11
qbman1 wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 09:05
That's terrific - and a really good testimonial for the insurers. Not sure I would have paid up !!!
But why not - it's not like having a pre-existing condition where you are taking medication to control it - that is fraud and avoiding paying any extra premium - this was entirely different - he didn't even know about the thorn until the doctor removed it. He does declare his heart condition and at 82 years of age I suppose to the insurers he is higher risk and certainly pays a hefty premium since he turned 80. It will be interesting now to see how much he has to pay when he has to renew his insurance.
When we had to cancel a cruise Jan the insurers paid out in full as final balance had been paid, we expected our next renewal would reflect this but we hardly noticed any difference so it doesn't necessarily mean they will load the policy next time especially as it is a one off and won't affect anything in the future.
Jo

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Quick update on the insurance claim - paid in full - money is in the bank :thumbup:
Janis

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Would that be the Neath and Pontypridd Methodist Insurance Society by any chance?
Seriously do you mind sharing who you dealt with as I think they deserve the publicity. Good result.

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

oldbluefox wrote: 22 Aug 2017, 22:45
Would that be the Neath and Pontypridd Methodist Insurance Society by any chance?
Seriously do you mind sharing who you dealt with as I think they deserve the publicity. Good result.
Well Foxy the in-laws are insured with LV - they sent a lovely letter saying they were sorry to hear he had been unwell and hoped he was fully recovered.
Janis

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Thanks Jan. :thumbup:

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Well that's two good results from travel insurance companies this month. Either they have started to "get their act together" or we are just being lucky!

Return to “Aurora Cruise Reports”