Help regarding cabin facilities - especially electric sockets

Britannia cruises in 2017

Topic author
zumbaqueen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Help regarding cabin facilities - especially electric sockets

Post by zumbaqueen »

Will be going on Britannia for the 1st time shortly and have a balcony cabin on E deck. Just wondering if it is the standard one electrical socket to plug in phones etc to charge. It seems I'm taking more and more electric items that need recharging now. Have had trouble in the past on Azura charging my camera batter as the socket was low down and the charger wouldn't fit in as it needed space below the plug socket. Had to take it to reception to get it charged.

I also understand that there is no shaver socket in bathrooms so wondering whether to take a small extension lead to enable us to charge more than one item if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Jenny

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Help regarding cabin facilities - especially electric sockets

Post by Stephen »

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Hi zumbaqueen

As stated on the link there are a good supply of points around the cabin, more than I've seen on the other P &O ships. But.....be aware that a Braun electric toothbrush with its own 2 pin plug does NOT go into the bathroom razor point. It does on all other ships. It's a bit of a nuisance to charge the toothbrush using an adaptor in the cabin. But no great problem.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I always take a four gang extension lead - the plug will usually go in the socket OK and you can charge four devices at once.

One thing to be aware of it that the instructions are that you should not leave anything plugged in when you are not in your cabin nor when you are asleep - not sure when you are supposed to do it!

Topic author
zumbaqueen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by zumbaqueen »

Thanks Guys for your replies

Thank you Maureen for the info about the electric toothbrush that was my main concern as I thought I had read somewhere that it wasn't possible to charge it in the bathroom on Britannia. I've got a 3-pin adaptor so I can take it with me.

Thanks for the other information regarding sockets. Its just that my friends phone seems to need a lot of charging so occasionally we need to charge both phones at the same time so it will be really useful if there is more than one socket.

I am always careful when charging electrical items even at home I would not leave things unattended especially mobiles and iPads etc.

Jenny

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Some of the ships (I know Adonia now does) have 2 sockets - one the right way up and the other upside down so whichever way your adapter/charger, etc is wired, it will fit. I once found a second socket (I think on Arcadia) under the dressing table - although I only found that on the last night !!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

qbman1 wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 13:11
I once found a second socket (I think on Arcadia) under the dressing table - although I only found that on the last night !!
No I won't ask!!!!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I'll tell you anyway !

When packing I always check the drawers (several times) and under the dressing table to see what Mrs C is planning to leave behind !!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We once found a selection of jewellery left in the safe by the previous occupant and handed it in at reception. Did the owner write to thank us?

Of course.....

.... they didn't. Miserable gits.

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 16:27
We once found a selection of jewellery left in the safe by the previous occupant and handed it in at reception. Did the owner write to thank us?

Of course.....

So did we, on our last cruise (not P&O). The lack of interest displayed by the reception desk made me doubt what happened next.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

anniec wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 19:16
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 16:27

Of course.....

So did we, on our last cruise (not P&O). The lack of interest displayed by the reception desk made me doubt what happened next.
We had a similar experience on P&O, a rather nice boxed up new swarovski bracelet had been left in a drawer, same attitude from reception and no follow up thank you.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “Britannia Cruises 2017”