Azura cruises in 2013

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: A308N

Post by The Invigilator »

Jan Rosser wrote:
Just booked this cruise - travelling on my own this time so hope to meet some of you on board. I'm wait listed for Freedom dining so will have to wait and see what happens. Lucky to get an obstructed view cabin for less than a single outside cabin - doesn't make sense to me but apparently singles can't participate in Getaway deals they are restricted to two sharing a cabin. Still not really bothered - just bought two new dresses which need shortening - I'm now on official countdown yippee !!
Hi ya Jan it's so unfair for the single traveller but hope you have a fantastic time, we are on freedom dining too a family of 4 you are most welcome to join us - are you on Facebook?

To think this time in 6 weeks it will only be 5 minutes until the Azura pulls away from Southampton and we are on our merry way :clap: :wave: :thumbup: :clap:

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

The Invigilator wrote:
Wina, I think some of our ports are the same as yours - do you want the lowdown on the excursions available?
We've already looked at the excursions online & not booked anything yet, think we'll have to do a bit more research ... thanks for the offer though :D

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thanks for the offer Invigilator - very kind of you - I am on Facebook I've sent you a pm to let you know my user name. Fingers crossed for freedom dining it does give so much more flexibility and the chance to meet lots of people.
Janis

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

The Invigilator wrote:
Hi ya Jan it's so unfair for the single traveller but hope you have a fantastic time, we are on freedom dining too a family of 4 you are most welcome to join us - are you on Facebook?

To think this time in 6 weeks it will only be 5 minutes until the Azura pulls away from Southampton and we are on our merry way :clap: :wave: :thumbup: :clap:
I think you need to check the diary, you might miss the boat if you intend being there for a Friday sailaway. :o
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Oops, looks like Invigy's got the wrong day ... good job you've told her Towny :shock:

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

towny44 wrote:
The Invigilator wrote:

I think you need to check the diary, you might miss the boat if you intend being there for a Friday sailaway. :o
OMG see I am that excited I got my days wrong so that means I have lost another day so can get even more excited LOL

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Wina G wrote:
The Invigilator wrote:
Wina, I think some of our ports are the same as yours - do you want the lowdown on the excursions available?
We've already looked at the excursions online & not booked anything yet, think we'll have to do a bit more research ... thanks for the offer though :D
My pleasure Wina x we are pretty much DIYing all the ports apart from Gibraltar where we have a trip booked and we are still trying to decide between Malaga or Valencia to do the other P&O trip. Enjoy doing the research :D

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I notice in todays paper that thnere are getaway deals on our cruise offering balconies at £894pp, which is about 35% less than Vantage fares.
Of course they will be all be up the pointy end but really there are no bad balcony cabins on Azura.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

lynden
Cadet
Cadet

Post by lynden »

Yes in last two weeks this cruise has been sold at £599 inside £699 outside and £894 balcony. Takes some beating. Excelleny value.
lynden

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

lynden wrote:
Yes in last two weeks this cruise has been sold at £599 inside £699 outside and £894 balcony. Takes some beating. Excelleny value.
Fantastic unless you are single or a family of three or more - have you noticed that P&O are now saying these are excluded from getaway deals and should book Vantage. However I have had what I consider a good deal - obstructed view outside for less than a single cabin and lots more room! I'm happy and on countdown - starting to make lists - how long is it now I'm sure someone on here is counting!
Janis

catgirl1269
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by catgirl1269 »

Hi.hope I've posted this in the right place. We're booked on 308 for our 2nd azura holiday. We're a family with two boys aged 11 and 8. Anyone been before and got any recommendations of places to visit in the Ports that they will enjoy? ( that's if we can prise them away from kids clubs that is :-)

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

5 weeks and 1 day - exciiiiiiiiting or what. :clap: :thumbup:

catgirl this is our 2nd Azura cruise too, our youngest is 12. We have booked one trip at the moment which is in Gibraltar and apart from that will DIY the other ports really looking forward to it.

noddy10
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by noddy10 »

Now advertising Getaway balconies at £799

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Only 5 weeks folks :clap: :clap:

To be honest I am not bothered about the prices now, I booked the cruise we wanted, the cabin we wanted, got free parking and OBC. I have looked at the getaway prices but can't get them for a family of 4 anyway.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Yes we should be on our way five weeks tonight - not looking at Getaway prices because I don't qualify for them either - I'm quite happy with what I've got and am just looking forward to the holiday. I've booked a land and sea excursion in Lisbon although I've been there a few times before - thought I'd do it the easy way!! New dresses being shortened/hair and nail appt. made - I'll be making lists soon - looking forward to meeting you all. xxx
Janis

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Hi ya Jan, am having a big dress try on this weekend, we had our first cruise last year and I brought some fab dresses and then unfortunately put weight on and when I tried these dresses on over Christmas none of them would do up :o am on a major fitness kick at the moment and am hoping that when I try them on again this Saturday they all fit. Hubby is also hoping they do too otherwise the credit card may take a bashing ;) we have booked the half day trip in Gibraltar and have now decided to do the new one in Valencia which includes the San Jose caves too. Apart from that we are DIYing.

Getting v.v.v. Excited now

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

It's getting closer :thumbup: :lol:

lynden
Cadet
Cadet

Post by lynden »

Hi

Anyone on a getaway deal had a cabin allocated yet?
lynden

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Lynden

My thoughts entirely, we're on getaway and no allocation yet either. Do you think they have forgotten us?!!!

lynden
Cadet
Cadet

Post by lynden »

my husband says they are saving the suites for us haha
lynden

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

We all wish that lynden..

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Only 3 weeks everyone - tickets printed, 2 excursions booked, list written, happy happy days :-)

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Babs - not long now - back from my visit to son in Luxembourg and making lists etc. I've booked one trip and thinking about another - can't wait although I've been to all the ports previously I still get excited :lol: Dog booked into kennel but I haven't told her yet! See you all soon :)
Janis

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Hi Jan :D

Which one have you booked? We are doing one in Gibraltar - cable car, St Michael's cave and the tunnels and another one in Valencia which takes in the city and then a trip out to the San Jose Caves. Apart from that we are going to DIY the rest. Have you had your cabin and dining option confirmed yet?

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Cabin confirmed E221 - I could choose that when I booked but I am on wait list for Freedom dining so fingers crossed otherwise its second sitting which is a bit late but not bothered really just happy someone else is cooking and waiting on me :thumbup: I've booked the Lisbon by land and river and thinking about Seville which I've not done before. Might go to the port talk and make up my mind then. See you soon :)
Janis

Return to “Azura Cruises 2013”