The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: A308N

Post by The Invigilator »

sunseeker99 wrote:
How does this forecast grab you?
http://www.accuweather.com/en/pt/lisbon ... r=4/1/2013
I think I'd take anything that didn't have snow in it!
Thanks for the link sunseeker99 - it's looking good :D :D

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Hi folks

Just returned from Oceana and the weather at sea was not the best in that it was cloudy but the ports were wonderful, wall to wall sunshine except Cartagena. So hopefully we'll have the sunshine and not much cloud at sea this time.
Just been re reading this thread and I can tell you that in Barcelona that to get out of the port there is a shuttle bus that takes you to the World Trade Centre and from there it's a walk into town where the Las Rambles begins. One of hop on hop off bus routes begins at the WTC which is the red route. The green route is a 15 to 20 minute walk further along the coast to the right.
The weather there was windy but sunny & quite warm in the sun when the wind died down. You will be able to spot us tourist as we are the ones wearing t-shirts and the locals wore big coats and jackets, this happened in all our ports. In Gibraltar the local taxi associations has shuttle buses and charge £2 each way or £3 return, this takes you to the beginning of the Main Street and where the buses begin and start. Hope this helps. I walked it.
Are we meeting up? I have never been on Azura so have no idea where would be the best place.
Not long now 4 sleeps.

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

I should add that you can pick up the green route at the other end of Las Rambles where both routes meet as well in Barcelona for the hop on hop off bus. I also got my ticket online before I left and it works out at the time about £4 to £5 cheaper to do it this way.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

melsea wrote:
Are we meeting up? I have never been on Azura so have no idea where would be the best place.
Not long now 4 sleeps.
Does not look as though any formal M&G will take place, however boat drill time and passenger traffic permitting I intend to try the Planet bar for sailaway.
We should be easy to spot my wife will be in a red wheelchair and we answer to John & Pauline. If you do meet us please be complimentary about cruise-community, Pauline thinks its a bit weird for a grown man to communicate with total strangers on a web forum. :?
PS You will no doubt need to talk to me more than once, or even twice, before I remember your names. :oops:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

That's a good spot to meet - I'll look out for you - travelling on my own this time so be nice to share sailaway with someone - I don't think of anyone on here as "strangers" so look forward to making the acquaintance of people on this forum who are sailing on Thursday. Only three more sleeps to go :thumbup: :clap: Just the dreaded packing to finish - well truthfully "start"'- everything in the spare room but cases need to come down from attic today. See you all soon :)
Janis

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Hello everyone - ironing done :D packing needs to be put off now until Wednesday as life has cropped up and kicked us up the bum so got lots to sort out tomorrow.

A meet up will be lovely the only thing is our eldest has not been to a sailaway so he would prefer to be on deck as we pull out of Southampton but will definitely pop along to the Planet Bar afterwards. Our names are Babs and Brian and will have 2 boys with us too.

Wishing everyone a safe journey to Southampton xx

rogerrovers
Cadet
Cadet

Post by rogerrovers »

To everyone that is sailing on Azura tomorrow......Have a great cruise.

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Thanks rogerrovers.

We are now at our hotel in Southampton awaiting for tomorrows anticipation and excitement.

Mel

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Oh Mel wish I was you - I don't feel the holiday has started properly until I'm in Southampton - feel sure I won't sleep tonight - silly to get so excited after so many cruises but looking forward to tomorrow - see you soon :thumbup:
Janis

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by sunseeker16 »

I haven't slept properly for a couple of nights. Just like the kids - or perhaps worse!
Just an hour's drive for us, including stopping to drop off the poor pets. We aim to get the Southampton early but may spend an hour or so in West Quay. I'd prefer to board early though ... we'll see what tomorrow brings, how the traffic goes etc.

Thanks RR for your good wishes. I'll try to bring back some sunshine for everyone

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

You just go and enjoy yourselves. Don't worry about us in the freezing cold, nearly bankrupt, eking out a living and keeping the country going whilst you lot are all out enjoying yourselves in the sunshine and being waited on hand and foot!! :lol:

May all your waves be little ones, except when you leave these shores. :D

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

OBF

We won't think of you at all, he he.. Sorry.
Think yourself lucky you are not living in Cyprus. Mind you the weather is better.

Jan
You are not silly we are always excited in going on a cruise and we are just as excited by this one and we only came back from one last Saturday!! I know I'm boasting but I can't help it its exciting!!!!!!!

Just thinking if anyone wants to meet up on the second sea day at 11am in the planet bar, I have no idea if this is suitable or if there is anywhere else we can go.

Mel

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Mel Towny did suggest meeting in the Planet Bar at sailaway but if you can't make that the following day sounds fine to me - I'm sure this will be picked up by the other regulars on this site so see you soon.
Janis

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Bon Voyage everyone, hope you have a fantastic cruise :D

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

thankyou RR, Wina and OBF - love your saying - may all your waves be little ones etc :D :D lovely

Everyone else on board EXCITING :D :D it is 9.45 and have finally finished the packing - what a manic day. Have you guys checked out the weather? A bit damp for Lisbon but for everywhere else - it's scorchio :lol:

Will try to get to the planet bar straight after sailaway so hopefully catch you then if not on Friday morning. Happy sailing to the A308N gang xxxxx

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Tried to find you guys in Planet at 11 on Friday & Saturday, did I miss you!?
With not having free wifi its difficult to keep in touch. Just quickly doing this on Lisbon.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Mel with all the late drills etc no one around when I went up on Thursday night - tried on Friday morning and met Babs the Invigilator but didn't meet Towny till later in the day - spotted his wife in her red wheelchair and approached them and had a lovely chat. I've asked several people if they were Melsea and had some strange looks but haven't found you yet. Not had wifi till now in Gibraltar - I'm in E221 if you want to arrange to meet up.
Janis

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Thanks Jan, I will drop you a line.

Lovely weather isn't it...

Return to “Azura Cruises 2013”