Blood Brothers

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Blood Brothers

Post by oldbluefox »

We went to see this last night. It has been around for quite a while now and we had seen it before many years ago. However we decided to go again and thoroughly enjoyed it.
It has a decent story line and some fine singing. I wouldn't say the music is in the Les Mis mould but it fits the action. There are some extremely amusing scenarios as the young Mickey grows up from a 7 year old, through his teen years followed by some strong moments of despair in his later years.
It was particularly amusing for us as we could relate to some of the (unsavoury) things we did as children - playing cowboys and indians, keeping worms in your pocket etc etc, and things I'd prefer to forget!! :lol:
If anybody hasn't seen it yet I can recommend it as a good night out presenting you with a range of emotions.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blood Brothers

Post by david63 »

Another one of my favourite musicals. What particularly impresses me is the way that Willie Russell observes live, particularly in that era

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Got to agree. Saw it in West End some years ago, after being bought the tickets as a Christmas present. We went, knowing nothing about it, but came out very impressed. The female lead part is a fantastic one, and the story although being a bit thin, is a good one.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Totally agree. I've seen it twice and thought it very good.

Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Jean W »

Have to agree with you. Our local Theatre (very small) was the venue for this last October and, I believe, the first time a stage show had been done there.

It certainly brought back memories.

The emotion, particularly at the end, was felt by all.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I've never seen this muscial, I really must see it soon
Gill

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”