Husky Sledging

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Husky Sledging

Post by david63 »

The excursions for our Northern Lights cruise in March have just become available and there are two Husky "adventures" - one in Narvik and one in Alta.

Anyone have any experience of either of these or have heard about them?

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Husky Sledging

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The prices of these tours is of course a tad off-putting but do let us know about your experience if you decide to book it / them. 8-)
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I would be interested to know what the.prices are, how do they compare with independent excursions

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Whynd1 wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 14:14
I would be interested to know what the.prices are, how do they compare with independent excursions
Alta £210, Narvik £235

Alta you get a 20 minute ride and Narvik an hour to an hour and a half and these are with an experienced driver. Most of the independent ones that I have found in Alta are where you drive the sledge yourself (too much like hard work for my liking) and I cannot find any independent ones in Narvik.
Manoverboard wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 12:29
The prices of these tours is of course a tad off-putting but do let us know about your experience if you decide to book it / them. 8-)
Yes they are but this is Norway/Finland where everything is expensive and this would be an "experience of a lifetime"

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

I'd be prone to checking my holiday insurance before booking.
This may come under dangerous activities.

Looks great fun though. I'd go for it given the chance.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

That happened to me a few years ago. I had booked the northern lights cruise and when I was looking to book the excursion I checked my insurance. Guess what as I had had to declare medical conditions I wasn't covered for some of these activities.
Few years later and I still have insurance with medical declarations but have decided to re book the cruise. On Arcadia in October 2020 but will not be doing the so called dangerous excursions.

Lindsey

bessyboy
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bessyboy »

we did the tour in Tromso February 2017. enjoyed it so much we have booked the Alta one on our February 2019 cruise. Very wonderful tour. great to get close to the huskies. and we even got to hold the puppies. we were told that we would be searched before we got back onto the coach to make sure we weren't stealing any pups.!!!!
Probably the most memorable tour we did on the cruise.

Return to “Europe”