Oriana's last P&O cruise X913

Cruises on Oriana in 2019

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Oriana's last P&O cruise X913

Post by allatc »

Anyone going on Oriana's last P&O cruise ?

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Oriana's last P&O cruise X913

Post by Kenmo1 »

Yes, yes, yes. Just got to hope they are not dismantling everything around us.

Maureen

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by silver surfer 2010 »

We are on her last cruise as well, and looking forward to it as we have never been so far North before

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

silver surfer 2010 wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 17:57
We are on her last cruise as well, and looking forward to it as we have never been so far North before

We did Spitsbergen (a bit higher up) a few years ago and loved it. There is just a scientific research station there but I think Longyearbyen is more of a settlement and should have more of interest. I can remember getting off Arcadia with the brightest, bluest sky with the sun shining and I was wearing a coat but a local man was up on a roof in a T-shirt! I looked overdressed but within an hour the temperature plummeted and standing in the queue to get back on the tender, the wind just cut through you like a knife. I was glad of my coat with a hood but was surprised at how many others were inadequately dressed.

I absolutely loved that holiday and am so thrilled to get the chance to go that far north again. It is stunning. And watch out for the Arctic Terns and their lovely fluffy babies. Don't get too close like my husband did as he took a photo and he got dive-bombed by the adult bird. Maureen

Dave and Marian Melton
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Dave and Marian Melton »

We are also going on Oriana's last ever cruise. We did the Maiden so thought we must be on her last cruise.
We love going right up North the scenery is stunning. We are hoping to see quite a few friends we have met
over the years we have been cruising, see you all on board....
Dave and Marian....

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Dave and Marian Melton wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 15:43
We are also going on Oriana's last ever cruise. We did the Maiden so thought we must be on her last cruise.
We love going right up North the scenery is stunning. We are hoping to see quite a few friends we have met
over the years we have been cruising, see you all on board....
Dave and Marian....
Really looking forward to this cruise. Hope PO put on some really excellent entertainment and hopefully give us some little memento of the last cruise. Am I expecting too much from PO ???

Maureen

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Kenmo1 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 15:57
hopefully give us some little memento of the last cruise
Just help yourself to anything that is not bolted down ;) - nobody will notice (and probably not care :silent: )

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Wasn't that what happened on Artemis.

I remember a cruise report mentioning Christine Noble telling passengers to take what they wanted.

Sadly I don't think P and O laid anything extra on for being the last cruise.

Lindsey

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

david63 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 16:23
Kenmo1 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 15:57
hopefully give us some little memento of the last cruise
Just help yourself to anything that is not bolted down ;) - nobody will notice (and probably not care :silent: )
Good idea, David. I'll start collecting the small things from day 1 so that I can hide them in our small inside cabin and then towards the end of the cruise I will see how many of the bigger items I can squeeze in. :oops: :oops:

Maureen

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

I think it was one of my posts that referred to being able to take home the binoculars, atlas bath robes etc. In reply to Lyndsey, the cruise was overloaded with guest stars. We enjoyed Petula Clarke, Lionel Blair, Tom O Connor and it was also a music festival. It was the last time I experienced fireworks at the sail away. I do miss Artemis and later Adonia.
We were also presented with a commemorative Wedgewood plate to remember Artemis. Incidentally, it was the last time I saw DTM on a cruise. Regards to him and his wife if he happens to read this, still have a chuckle about ‘ Sicknote goes cruising,

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Excursions are now available on Cruise Personaliser, I think we will wait until on board and then think about them

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

After £100 deposit it was quite a shock to the bank balance to pay the balance this week. however it's done now and it feels a lot closer to the sail away. Quite looking forward to this cruise/

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

colin parry wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 17:34
the cruise was overloaded with guest stars
I read somewhere that Claire Sweeney is appearing on the last cruise but can't remember where I saw it. Also on our recent cruise on Oriana there was an excellent duo called Sounds of Simon, a Simon and Garfunkel tribute act who were very good, and they said they are appearing on the final cruise.

Anyone know of any others ?

Maureen

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

The "4 Tunes" are listing the Oriana on their web site from 3rd to 9th August and they are good.
It was P & O that told us about Claire Sweeney.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

silver surfer 2010 wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 11:41
The "4 Tunes" are listing the Oriana on their web site from 3rd to 9th August and they are good.
Great - things are sounding a bit more promising. Thanks for that info. Not too long now, yippee !!!

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

I thought I had posted on this thread weeks ago. Apparently not, but yes we are booked on this cruise. I never thought I would cruise so far North being a sun worshipper but as it is a Oriana’s finale I decided to bite the bullet. We are cruising with friends who we first met on Arcadia in 2006 and have cruised with them regularly since then.

Sue

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Tickets and Luggage Labels now available for printing. getting closer

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

silver surfer 2010 wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 11:32
Thanks for the info, silver surfer. All printed off. Cruise showed as sold out last time I looked.

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Kenmo1 wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 19:37
silver surfer 2010 wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 11:32
Thanks for the info, silver surfer. All printed off. Cruise showed as sold out last time I looked.
All travel agents are showing "Call" so may be they are hopeful that some cabins may come available once all documents have been issued

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

silver surfer 2010 wrote: 15 Jun 2019, 20:54
may be they are hopeful that some cabins may come available
Well they are not having mine!!!

I suppose there is always the risk that some people have to drop out at the list minute due to illness etc.

Maureen

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Having moaned I was too hot yesterday, this morning I decided to look up the current weather in Longyearbyen. I don't want all you X913ers to get too excited but it is due to get to a 'balmy' 8 degrees later this week. :o :lol:

Maureen

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

The bar manager was telling us that a past passenger named Marg is going on this last cruise. She has done over 30 world cruises and is 100 years of age. Hope she doesnt need medical assistance is Spitzberben. She must be okay to get the insurance. Judging by the average on our cruise over 80 is the norm.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 30 Jun 2019, 11:20
The bar manager was telling us that a past passenger named Marg is going on this last cruise. She has done over 30 world cruises and is 100 years of age. Hope she doesnt need medical assistance is Spitzberben. She must be okay to get the insurance. Judging by the average on our cruise over 80 is the norm.
Oh good, I shall feel quite young then :lol:

Maureen

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Whynd1 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 16:59
Wasn't that what happened on Artemis.

I remember a cruise report mentioning Christine Noble telling passengers to take what they wanted.

Sadly I don't think P and O laid anything extra on for being the last cruise.

Lindsey
Sounds like when we were made redundant because our office was being closed. Apart from computer equipment, we could take what we wanted. Towards the end, chairs and desks were going. I've only just used up the stash of A4 paper that I stockpiled - it's lasted 10 years!
Kenmo1 wrote: 30 Jun 2019, 09:51
Having moaned I was too hot yesterday, this morning I decided to look up the current weather in Longyearbyen. I don't want all you X913ers to get too excited but it is due to get to a 'balmy' 8 degrees later this week. :o :lol:

Maureen
I still haven't made it up to Spitsbergen. We were booked on Arcadia for the 2008 cruise, but couldn't go as my mum died. I remember looking at the webcam, and it was beautiful weather in Spitsbergen. It was odd, knowing that we would have been there in other circumstances.

We hope to go to Spitsbergen in the next few years, but it'll probably be with Fred or Saga
Gill

silver surfer 2010
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

2 weeks to go!

Return to “Oriana Cruises 2019”