Biggest wins

Chat about anything here
User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 11 Feb 2019, 10:14

Unfortunately l can't say l've ever had any big wins other than a few monkeys on the gee, gees. I did however win the best three hens eggs at our local show last year :thumbup: :D

What's your biggest win?

User avatar

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1651
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Kenmo1 » 11 Feb 2019, 15:54

Onelife wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 10:14
What's your biggest win?
Not sure if it counts as a win as no skill or competition involved but I won £25,000 on the Premium Bonds a few years ago. Unfortunately P&O have taken nearly all of it so not a lot left now but we have enjoyed every penny of it. Happy days. :D :D

Maureen

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 11 Feb 2019, 16:27

Kenmo1 wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 15:54
Onelife wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 10:14
What's your biggest win?
Not sure if it counts as a win as no skill or competition involved but I won £25,000 on the Premium Bonds a few years ago. Unfortunately P&O have taken nearly all of it so not a lot left now but we have enjoyed every penny of it. Happy days. :D :D

Maureen
Hi Maureen,

l've had plenty of £25 wins but would love a few noughts on the end of my next £25 win......how lovely to win that amonut :clap:

:wave:

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9661
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Stephen » 11 Feb 2019, 16:51

She kept that quiet ;) :D

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 11 Feb 2019, 17:02

Stephen wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 16:51
She kept that quiet ;) :D
l obviously can't disclose amounts but what l can say is that Maureen looks after her friends. .....you clearly ain't one of them :lol:

User avatar

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6966
Joined: January 2013
Location: Cumbria

Re: Biggest wins

Post by oldbluefox » 11 Feb 2019, 17:06

Onelife wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 17:02
Stephen wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 16:51
She kept that quiet ;) :D
l obviously can't disclose amounts but what l can say is that Maureen looks after her friends. .....you clearly ain't one of them :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar

barney
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 2779
Joined: March 2013
Location: Instow Devon

Re: Biggest wins

Post by barney » 11 Feb 2019, 17:58

:thumbup: I had a nice £500 pick up on a football bet a couple of seasons ago. A good mate of mine won £20 thousand on the Telegraph dream team as manager of the month. He took his family on a cruise with it.

User avatar

gilly88
Second Officer
Second Officer
Posts: 223
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by gilly88 » 11 Feb 2019, 18:02

I was fortunate enough to win ten thousand pounds on a scratch card a few years back, two weeks before Christmas too. the Christmas presents were a bit better for every one that year, and we had a nice new bathroom fitted and a few cruises on the strength of it. it was a brilliant feeling to win.
regards gilly.

User avatar

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 2975
Joined: January 2013
Location: Gower Peninsula, South Wales

Re: Biggest wins

Post by GillD46 » 11 Feb 2019, 18:07

I have won £500 a few times on the Premium Bonds, but other than the few £25s I seem to get each month, not much else of great value.
Gill

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9661
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Stephen » 12 Feb 2019, 07:32

Onelife wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 17:02
Stephen wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 16:51
She kept that quiet ;) :D
l obviously can't disclose amounts but what l can say is that Maureen looks after her friends. .....you clearly ain't one of them :lol:

I was born unlucky, that's why I've had to resort to chatting with you :D

User avatar

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1651
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Kenmo1 » 12 Feb 2019, 07:41

Stephen wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 07:32
Onelife wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 17:02
Stephen wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 16:51
She kept that quiet ;) :D
l obviously can't disclose amounts but what l can say is that Maureen looks after her friends. .....you clearly ain't one of them :lol:

I was born unlucky, that's why I've had to resort to chatting with you :D
Stephen - I wanted to help him pay for the postage for all those choccies he sends out. Hope the £5 note arrived safely, Keefy. x

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 12 Feb 2019, 10:53

Kenmo1 wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 07:41
Stephen wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 07:32
Onelife wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 17:02


l obviously can't disclose amounts but what l can say is that Maureen looks after her friends. .....you clearly ain't one of them :lol:

I was born unlucky, that's why I've had to resort to chatting with you :D
Stephen - I wanted to help him pay for the postage for all those choccies he sends out. Hope the £5 note arrived safely, Keefy. x

Thanks Maureen.....now he knows why l didn't didn't disclose the amount :sarcasm: :lol:

Keefy x

:wave:


Ray B
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer
Posts: 482
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Ray B » 12 Feb 2019, 15:05

Once won an argument with the wife, does that count.

User avatar

barney
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 2779
Joined: March 2013
Location: Instow Devon

Re: Biggest wins

Post by barney » 12 Feb 2019, 15:07

Ray B wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 15:05
Once won an argument with the wife, does that count.
You just THINK that you won an argument Ray ! :lol:

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9661
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Stephen » 12 Feb 2019, 15:13

Kenmo1 wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 07:41
Stephen wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 07:32
Onelife wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 17:02


l obviously can't disclose amounts but what l can say is that Maureen looks after her friends. .....you clearly ain't one of them :lol:

I was born unlucky, that's why I've had to resort to chatting with you :D
Stephen - I wanted to help him pay for the postage for all those choccies he sends out. Hope the £5 note arrived safely, Keefy. x

Hope you got some change.

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9661
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Stephen » 12 Feb 2019, 15:14

Ray B wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 15:05
Once won an argument with the wife, does that count.
:lol:

Hope you recorded it Ray as proof

User avatar

Mervyn and Trish
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9520
Joined: February 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Mervyn and Trish » 12 Feb 2019, 15:45

I was in a syndicate than won about £1400 on the National Lottery. My share was about £120. It didn't change my life.

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 13 Feb 2019, 12:21

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 15:45
I was in a syndicate than won about £1400 on the National Lottery. My share was about £120. It didn't change my life.
I did the same numbers for about two year and won a few tenners......They were saying this morning that the euro millions had grown to an estimated 140 million...l might have a flutter this week and if l win l'll be taking you all on a cruise...wish me luck :thumbup:

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9661
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Stephen » 13 Feb 2019, 12:28

Onelife wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 12:21
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 15:45
I was in a syndicate than won about £1400 on the National Lottery. My share was about £120. It didn't change my life.
I did the same numbers for about two year and won a few tenners......They were saying this morning that the euro millions had grown to an estimated 140 million...l might have a flutter this week and if l win l'll be taking you all on a cruise...wish me luck :thumbup:

That's damn decent of you Keith. I'm sure the whole forum will appreciate your kind gesture :thumbup: :clap:
Last edited by Stephen on 13 Feb 2019, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 13 Feb 2019, 13:02

Stephen wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 12:28
Onelife wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 12:21
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 15:45
I was in a syndicate than won about £1400 on the National Lottery. My share was about £120. It didn't change my life.
I did the same numbers for about two year and won a few tenners......They were saying this morning that the euro millions had grown to an estimated 140 million...l might have a flutter this week and if l win l'll be taking you all on a cruise...wish me luck :thumbup:

That's damn decent of you Keith. I'm sure the whole forum will appreciate your kind gesture :thumbup: :clap:
All heart me Stephen :D

User avatar

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5761
Joined: January 2012
Location: Lancashire

Re: Biggest wins

Post by david63 » 13 Feb 2019, 21:12

Onelife wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 12:21
if l win l'll be taking you all on a cruise.
Will there be enough suites? :crazy: :crazy:

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 13 Feb 2019, 23:23

david63 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 21:12
Onelife wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 12:21
if l win l'll be taking you all on a cruise.
Will there be enough suites? :crazy: :crazy:
No problem David...l'll make sure there is a bowl of them in every cabin :thumbup: :D

:wave:

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 14 Feb 2019, 10:52

Here's wishing you luck...happy cruising?

4, 25, 27, 31, 40....5,6

2, 9, 19, 34, 35....2, 9

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9661
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Stephen » 14 Feb 2019, 11:16

More chance of Jack joining the leavers :D

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4766
Joined: January 2013

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Onelife » 14 Feb 2019, 12:41

Stephen wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 11:16
More chance of Jack joining the leavers :D
Well if all goes well tomorrow l'll be doing the seating arrangements...perhaps you'll find other things to talk about with Jack & Gill :thumbup: :D
Last edited by david63 on 14 Feb 2019, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote formatting

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9661
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Biggest wins

Post by Stephen » 14 Feb 2019, 12:45

There's a poem in there somewhere.

Return to “General Chat”