P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Topics relating to P&O
User avatar

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 2881
Joined: January 2013
Location: Kent

P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by Gill W » 13 Feb 2019, 14:46

I expect everyone has had their email advising us that 2020-2021 winter season will be released next month.

Iona will be doing Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal, plus northern Europe including Hamburg. If there's a cruise going south around the time of my birthday in mid March, I'd be interested as it would be a good chance to try Iona.
Gill

User avatar

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4695
Joined: January 2013
Location: Huddersfield

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by towny44 » 13 Feb 2019, 14:56

Gill, I am trying to persuade my wife that Iona really won't be too big and is worth trying for a Canaries trip around the same time.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

User avatar

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5921
Joined: January 2012
Location: Lancashire

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by david63 » 13 Feb 2019, 16:03

Looks as if there could be three of us :lol: :lol:

User avatar

Mervyn and Trish
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9817
Joined: February 2013

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by Mervyn and Trish » 13 Feb 2019, 17:10

We've got other plans for that period but it's good to see Iona getting further afield.

User avatar

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 2881
Joined: January 2013
Location: Kent

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by Gill W » 13 Feb 2019, 18:49

If I book, it will be going from one extreme to another - I'm on little Boudicca in March 2020, then my next cruise would be on Iona.
Gill


daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer
Posts: 666
Joined: February 2013
Location: North East

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by daib GC » 13 Feb 2019, 20:54

towny44 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:56
Gill, I am trying to persuade my wife that Iona really won't be too big and is worth trying for a Canaries trip around the same time.
Linda, takes no such persuasion. We may be looking at a back to back in Feb/March as long as there are different itineraries.

Dai

User avatar

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5921
Joined: January 2012
Location: Lancashire

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by david63 » 13 Feb 2019, 21:10

daib GC wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 20:54
We may be looking at a back to back in Feb/March as long as there are different itineraries.
That makes two of us!

User avatar

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4695
Joined: January 2013
Location: Huddersfield

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by towny44 » 13 Feb 2019, 22:58

daib GC wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 20:54
towny44 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:56
Gill, I am trying to persuade my wife that Iona really won't be too big and is worth trying for a Canaries trip around the same time.
Linda, takes no such persuasion. We may be looking at a back to back in Feb/March as long as there are different itineraries.

Dai
Happy to consider a B2B but not if the other cruise is Bruges, Rotterdam and Hamburg.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000


daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer
Posts: 666
Joined: February 2013
Location: North East

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by daib GC » 14 Feb 2019, 12:16

towny44 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 22:58
daib GC wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 20:54
towny44 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:56
Gill, I am trying to persuade my wife that Iona really won't be too big and is worth trying for a Canaries trip around the same time.
Linda, takes no such persuasion. We may be looking at a back to back in Feb/March as long as there are different itineraries.

Dai
Happy to consider a B2B but not if the other cruise is Bruges, Rotterdam and Hamburg.
I am hoping for one to the Canaries and one round Iberia. Soon see.

User avatar

Stephen
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9905
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by Stephen » 14 Feb 2019, 12:43

towny44 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:56
Gill, I am trying to persuade my wife that Iona really won't be too big and is worth trying for a Canaries trip around the same time.

If it's anything like Britannia you'll need your walking boots to get around. I felt like I had walked about 30 miles that week. I needed binoculars to see the end of the corridor. ;)

User avatar

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4695
Joined: January 2013
Location: Huddersfield

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by towny44 » 14 Feb 2019, 14:24

Stephen wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 12:43
towny44 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:56
Gill, I am trying to persuade my wife that Iona really won't be too big and is worth trying for a Canaries trip around the same time.

If it's anything like Britannia you'll need your walking boots to get around. I felt like I had walked about 30 miles that week. I needed binoculars to see the end of the corridor. ;)
Been on Britannia and RCI's Navigator which is a similar size, and not had any problems, but I accept that on both ships the accessible cabins are near the lifts so we rarely trudge the corridors.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

User avatar

towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 4695
Joined: January 2013
Location: Huddersfield

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by towny44 » 14 Feb 2019, 14:26

daib GC wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 12:16
towny44 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 22:58
daib GC wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 20:54


Linda, takes no such persuasion. We may be looking at a back to back in Feb/March as long as there are different itineraries.

Dai
Happy to consider a B2B but not if the other cruise is Bruges, Rotterdam and Hamburg.
I am hoping for one to the Canaries and one round Iberia. Soon see.
That would suit me as well, all I need to do now is persuade Pauline. :?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

User avatar

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 3089
Joined: January 2013
Location: Gower Peninsula, South Wales

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by GillD46 » 14 Feb 2019, 14:30

I’d like to try Iona, but apart from the fact we are skipping cruises this year - except for a quick weekend fix on QM2 - we don’t want to go to the Fjords again just yet, and don’t really like the Canaries. I’m sure we'll try her eventually.
Gill


Ilovemygarden
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
Posts: 5
Joined: December 2018
Location: Glasgow

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by Ilovemygarden » 14 Feb 2019, 16:34

Any ideas as to when the itineraries might be published?

User avatar

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer
Posts: 2881
Joined: January 2013
Location: Kent

Re: P&O Winter 2020 - 2021

Post by Gill W » 14 Feb 2019, 16:51

The itineraries will be revealed on 11th March
Gill

Return to “P&O”